Seasick Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco

Retired Moderator
Messages
26,043
Reaction score
16,686
Hes best known for playing an old, patched up, 3 string guitar called the three string trance wonder, and his Mississippi drum machine (small wooden box he stomps on).

Hes been on the Jules Holland show a few times, last year he performed at some of the big UK festivals including Glastonbury, so some of you may have seen or heard of him already. He won a MOJO in 2007 for best breakthrough act, he was 66yo at the time.

Hes touring the UK this month.

 
I think he is great. I saw him on Jools Holland a few years back and seen him a few times on it since (I think Jools Holland got him known over here)

 
Very Good, quite raw, but from what I know a total vagabond/hobo so some real Blues there! If you like a little mor epolished (but I think he still uses a box) try Kelly Joe Phelps

 
Saw him at Reading festival last year and he was very entertaining, especially given it's traditionally a more rock-orientated event.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top