Shed End Football Manager challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won the championship with 96 points. Six points clear of Forrest. To avoid relegation from the premiership the board gave me twenty-two million to spend, which i did rather quickly. Hows everyone else getting on?

 
Murdoch, this is what is stupid about FM you get 500K to spend in your first season and then 22.5 to spend when you go up. Not even the geniuses running Portsmouth and Leeds would have done that in the real world of football.

I have now battled into 6th towards the end of February ahead of Derby on goal difference. But I have QPR this weekend away so that might send me back a bit. I signed Charlie Austin in the winter window from Swindon who hasn't made a bad start up front but isn't playing as well as his stats say he should be.

 
This seems to be taking me ages!

Cov-table.jpg


Cov-results.jpg


Cov-graph.jpg


 
Thats because you spent about a month buying millions of players.

 
Murdoch, this is what is stupid about FM you get 500K to spend in your first season and then 22.5 to spend when you go up. Not even the geniuses running Portsmouth and Leeds would have done that in the real world of football.

I have now battled into 6th towards the end of February ahead of Derby on goal difference. But I have QPR this weekend away so that might send me back a bit. I signed Charlie Austin in the winter window from Swindon who hasn't made a bad start up front but isn't playing as well as his stats say he should be.
Well to be fair I brought about ten million into the club but I didnt expect the amount I was given. Going against all common sense I signed Owen on a free, injured after twenty minutes in my first game of the season and came on with ten minues to go in the second and was strechered off, out for three months, happy days!

 
Battled up with a 1-0 victory over Swansea at Wembley after finishing 5th with a good run-in (last 5 unbeaten). QPR and Notts Forest went up as well, with Wigan, Blackpool and Blackburn going down.

The real challenge is now though. I feel such loyalty to players like Doyle and Deegan who largely got me to where I am, but I have my doubts about whether I'll stay up without new faces. To make matters worse Westwood wants to leave now which is such a pain because he kept brilliantly at the finish of the season and now he wants to jump ship just when we have made the big time.

Will be interesting to see how much money I get given, and more importantly what my wage budget is.

 
I know most of you finished this challenge a few weeks ago, but I'm still plodding on and have four games to go.

I made a rookie mistake at the beginning of the season, by signing most of my loan players on 6 month deals, thinking I could just extend their loan in January. Come January, the players' clubs wanted 100% wages paid, as opposed to 0% at the start of the season, and so I lost some of my best players (Kakuta, van Aanholt, Wilson). Still, I managed to knock Chelsea out of the League Cup and the FA Cup, though they did field weakened teams against us.

The league's looking interesting now though, looks like Coventry will get automatic promotion!

Covtable.jpg


Covfixt.jpg


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top