Site Changes

@youlots It sounds like a cookies issue saved in the browser still seeing the old version. Flush your cookies and cache, then re-login clicking the remember me box.

Also, as plokoon says, for back-up, also have have the browser remember the details.

I'll have a look into the members browsing forum thing, I think it was removed to originally make everything faster.

 
As a rule, a good habit to get into would be after you've typed out a long post on a forum or anything online really, copy it to your clipboard in case something goes tits up, then you can just paste it back in, instead of writing it all again. I do it all the time.

 
As a rule, a good habit to get into would be after you've typed out a long post on a forum or anything online really, copy it to your clipboard in case something goes tits up, then you can just paste it back in, instead of writing it all again. I do it all the time.
Another tip is to keep your posts short. :-)

 
@youlots Its a cookie issue your end. When i type an unfinished post and close the page down completely and leave the website, then when i come back in again, it automatically saves the unfinished post in the text editor down the bottom of the page on the same thread you were on.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another issue albeit less important is that on the old site, you could always see at the bottom of any particular open thread as to which posters were viewing same. Now you can't which I think is a shame - especially in circumstances where there is a discussion taking place.
I've just added that back at the bottom of forums/topics.

As for the cookie thing. There was an update added today and part of that was increasing the 'remember me' cookie from 7 to 30 days, that might help too.

 
I did actually change the size the other day as they were a lot smaller originally. I took it to 140px and they looked too big so I think settled on 130px.

On mobile version, they will be smaller to make it light.
I think they are all blurry now. Potentially me going blind though

 
I wanted to post this for a while now and finally I both remember it and have the time. I love the new feature that ctrl+enter submits your post, just like any email client.

 
I wanted to post this for a while now and finally I both remember it and have the time. I love the new feature that ctrl+enter submits your post, just like any email client.
OOH I didn't even know that!!  I will try that straightaway!!

It worked!   ::clap2::

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Will be be cmd + enter for Mac users?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top