Sky or Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uno

An Untouchable
Messages
9,944
Reaction score
1,024
Hi folks

I am getting sick of sky putting up their prices and charging me over 100 quid a month so im thinking of switching over to Virgin.

Does anyone on here have Virgin or have had it? Can some one give me the low down of the pros and cons please?

Thank you kindly in advanced.

Uno.

 
Don't have either but do know Virgin did a deal with BT to broadcast BT sport for free last season. Don't know if that's still the case. Will check with my sister and brother-in-law who have Virgin.

 
My internet connection isnt good enough to stream everything. I dont mind with football because i cant watch it any other way but streaming everything would drive me mad.

 
Can't you get fibre optic?

You can download a whole film within 5 minutes with a good connection. 

 
Nope, I live in the countryside and the nearest hub is in the next town. the best download speed i can get is 4.5mb.

 
I sympathise Uno - I live in the sticks too.  Though I can usually stream things - football is always the worst.  Rumour has it, we're getting fibre doodah imminently - my spies have seen BT men in the village fiddling about with wires and the like.

 
Neither, get a Sky Box F5 and watch all the channels for a tenner a month*.

Its illegal though

 
Neither, get a Sky Box F5 and watch all the channels for a tenner a month*.

Its illegal though
Zola, do you have a particular link you can send me that sells one of these mate?

Checked eBay and a few look a little dodgy, would rather be safe than sorry.

 
Hi Simon. I got it done by a guy in Belfast. If you are in NI I cam give you his number. If not you can get the box online and go to techkings forum for guides / link ups

 
Hi Simon. I got it done by a guy in Belfast. If you are in NI I cam give you his number. If not you can get the box online and go to techkings forum for guides / link ups
Cheers Zola. :)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top