Skyfall - 50th anniversary of the mighty 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zola

I am Zola.
Messages
20,806
Reaction score
3,097
Anyone else looking forward to the new skyfall?

I watched every bond movie recently in order over a few months, got me looking forward to this one.

Hopefully it lives up to the billing and goes down as a classic.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
One thing's for sure, it can't be as bad as the last one.

 
The last 2 to be honest have been pretty bad!

I just don't see Daniel Craig as 007 he brings no wit to the role!

 
He doesn't have the wit, no sir, he doesn't have the style, no sir. Sean Connery, he is the true Bond. No one will ever surpass him.

I think with the huge popularity of the Bourne series it made Bond look like a bit off a poof in comparison, so they made Bond really gritty to get with the times. They even ripped off the fighting styles etc.

I liked Casino Royale, I thought it was well done...... but the last one was so awful. I have seen it 3 times now and still cant remember what its about. Its all so forgettable.

I just have a sneaky feeling with this being the 50th anniversary that its going to be packed with action and have everything that you could ask for in a Bond movie.

Here's hoping!!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Skyfall is going to be fantastic. Casino Royale was brilliant and Quantum of Solace average. I don't know why QOS gets such a bashing. It's a little rushed yes, with little plot but the action is top notch, and it shows Daniel Craig at his best.

I've booked IMAX for Skyfall. I too recently watched all the Bond films in order to hype me up for this one. The trailer looks incredible and with Sam Mendes behind the camera, i say Skyfall is going to be the best of the lot! Adele's song sounds haunting and extremely Bondian too. You can't go wrong!

 
I'd go as far as to say that a script as poor QoS would never have got the funding if it hadn't been a Bond movie. I don't think it would have got the funding as a Bond movie either if it hadn't been for the Writer's Guild strike. Maybe this was the best that they could do given the circumstances, but in the end it was a bland and forgettable action romp. Sure they had a big budget to compensate for the poor script, but seems like they lacked imagination to put the money into good use.

 
---[double post]---

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that they can create a memorable antagonist. To be honest, I don't think I can recall many from the newer bond films.

I want villians like Goldfinger, No, Blofeld and Scaramanga.

And I would not mind some Bond girls with great names. I mean, who can forget Honey Rider, Octopussy and, of course, Pussy Galore.

 
I'd go as far as to say that a script as poor QoS would never have got the funding if it hadn't been a Bond movie. I don't think it would have got the funding as a Bond movie either if it hadn't been for the Writer's Guild strike. Maybe this was the best that they could do given the circumstances, but in the end it was a bland and forgettable action romp. Sure they had a big budget to compensate for the poor script, but seems like they lacked imagination to put the money into good use.
Poor script and a poor choice of director were a recipe for disaster. The only positives were a few individual performances which transcended the weak material, namely Amalric and Giannini.

 
They've released the new Bond theme song:


It does have the characteristics of a Bond theme song, but after one listen it doesn't like a very memorable one. A bit of a "bond theme by numbers" effort, if you ask me. Basically there's nothing wrong with it as such, but it just sounds like they've played it safe.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody knows these are the best Bond flicks;

1. On Her Majesty's Secret Service

2. Octopussy

3. Licence To Kill

4. From Russia With Love

5. Casino Royale

 
Skyfall took me a couple of listens to get into it - not the greatest but it'll still be a hit because of her voice alone.

Also can anyone provide me with a list of all the Bond songs please? Just the main ones, Shirley Bassey- Goldfinger etc.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I see theres a new poster out for this...

668486364.jpg


 
Cheers Mak, think I'll make myself an album with most of those tracks.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top