So what were you doing just over 10 years ago?

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,723
Reaction score
6,608
Gem - abusing Joey Barton?

Val - looking for her tits?

Bluebeard - 75th birthday?

Bjd- still sounding like Noddy Holder?

Mod and I- still growing hair?

I tell you what you weren't doing. Posting on The Shed End. Why? Because just over 10 years ago there was no such thing. Gem and I were still pissing around with a temporary free forum and Mod was shaking his head at us thinking 'what are these f**kwits playing at? Maybe I better bail them out!'

And he did. Exactly 10 years ago, like a child to a 12 year old scouser, The Shed End was born.

A decade later and here we all are. Balder, older, fatter, and almost undoubtedly poorer. But boy oh boy have we had some good times along the way, and a few sad times too.

So on our 10th birthday I thank everyone who has been with us along the way and I raise a glass to those we have sadly said farewell to.

 
10 years ago? Wow, that's insane. I had just left school after completing my A-Levels(!)

Great post and pretty much conveys everything, the panic after the CSR vanished was ridiculous(!) God knows how we managed to keep in touch and get everyone over to here from there...? I know there was no message left on tje CSR to state it had closed. Was Facebook even that big back then?? It can't have been via that...

Anyway here's to 10 glorious years with shout outs to 30.04.2005 & 19.05.2012 especially.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to those that set it up, I remember being gutted when the csr packed up, started using another site that I didn't really like then I got a pm from someone that recognised me from the csr telling me that this was the place to be. Wish I could remember who that was so I could thank them.

 
I would have been 18, so probably would have just finished my A levels and started looking for gap year work, of which I found only a few months at Sainsburys.

 
10 years ago? Wow, that's insane. I had just left school after completing my A-Levels(!)

Great post and pretty much conveys everything, the panic after the CSR vanished was ridiculous(!) God knows how we managed to keep in touch and get everyone over to here from there...? I know there was no message left on tje CSR to state it had closed. Was Facebook even that big back then?? It can't have been via that...

Anyway here's to 10 glorious years with shout outs to 30.04.2005 & 19.05.2012 especially.
I can't remember either. I know we set up the free one very quickly to try and minimise losing people but we had no real way of letting them know the new address. I certainly wasn't on facebook then. I did have email addresses for some people but not that many.

 
10 glorious years, well done to all involved in running this site.

I remember csr closing and as gem said wondering where to go next. I have no idea how I managed to find the new forum.

 
Goodness, has it really been 10 years? I remember my panic when the old CSR packed it in. Thankfully, I had some mailaddresses, and Gem or Loz might have pointed me to the new site. I'm quite proud of my low membership number 100 :biggrin:

So many friends made, and quite a few others put on the ignore list...

A big thank you to the moderators who made it possible then and still make it possible now :JC_doubleup:

 
Can't believe it's been ten years.  I know I haven't posted much, but I've been here from the start, and I'm proud to have been here for so long.  Even though I'm not really part of the community here, I see so many familiar faces, and that's the reason I keep coming back here to check in on the forum.

 
10 years? Incredible! 

A big thanks to Loz, Mod and everyone for getting this place up and running, I've had a blast on here the past 5 years or so that I've been a member.

10 years ago I was in my second year of university, getting drunk every night and waking up in random girls' beds- this was just as we won back to back PL trophies under Jose. Memories!   

 
Goodness, has it really been 10 years? I remember my panic when the old CSR packed it in. Thankfully, I had some mailaddresses, and Gem or Loz might have pointed me to the new site. I'm quite proud of my low membership number 100 :biggrin:

So many friends made, and quite a few others put on the ignore list...

A big thank you to the moderators who made it possible then and still make it possible now :JC_doubleup:
Yes, it was such a shock logging on to find the old site had gone.

Fortunately I'd had a brief email exchange with Loz a year or so before and was relieved and delighted he was about to resurrect the site, and I acquired the number 74. Can't believe it was 10 years ago either. I've watched a few games since then.

 
A big thanks to everyone who makes this website possible.

Congratulations to all those involved and here's to another 10 years! :JC_doubleup:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How did 70 get in before me?

Member Since 16 Jul 2006
Member ID: 71


Happy Birthday to us?

 
My goodness 10 years.... I had just returned from living in Italy and was finding a new job Heathrow area. It was a cr*p job as it turned out but great for getting to The Bridge on week nights and away in Europe. Good times for me those and of course the occasional piss-up ! - I was going to call it a shed end gathering but they were piss ups  

I think I got an email from you Loz, if memory serves me correctly you were doing the prediction league on a spreadsheet on the CSR ? or did I dream that ! ...Well done to you Mod and everyone involved an incredible achievement

Still not only the best football forum but one of the best forums on the internet in my humble little opinion. 

 
Bloody hell, I was still at school ten years ago (yet to learn of the scruffy drunkard I would become) - I don't think I came on here until just after the first Champions League final; I wanted somewhere to share my woes at the cruel defeat, and the sad departure of Makélélé.

Interestingly TSE was established exactly one week after we signed Mikel... clearly we needed a place where we could discuss the man who would go on to become our greatest ever player.

Thanks to everyone who has made this place possible - it is certainly my favourite site on the internet.

You're all a bunch of nerds anyway, spending all your time on an internet forum.

 
In the last 10 years..

Lost my mum in 2007, and dad in 2013.

Became a grand father five times, six soon.

Started to wear glasses.

Toilet trips doubled.

Hair line miraculously stopped receding before noticeable.

 
In the last 10 years..

Lost my mum in 2007, and dad in 2013.

Became a grand father five times, six soon.

Started to wear glasses.

Toilet trips doubled.

Hair line miraculously stopped receding before noticeable.
And you're only 35!

 
Back
Top