Sopcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpitv

First Team Squad
Messages
1,393
Reaction score
12
Is it really worth downloading? Is there some better software out there?

 
Having Sopcast is a must if you want so stream games regularly. I am not saying it is the only software that steams games but it nearly always provides a number of options so it is wise to have it.

 
I've used it the past few years for watching streams and found it to be the most reliable. Its getting an English commentary that can be a problem.

JTV and UStream for example tend to buffer alot and its not as good quality wise. I'm almost certain you can buy equipment to hook up from your laptop/computer to your TV and have the stream on there.

 
On the topic of streams Ihave now streamed three games this weekend (ours, Arsenal's and Liverpool's) and the quality has been superb. If it stays like this for the season we are in good streaming shape.

 
I don't know why, but in most Sopcast channels that are supposed to broadcast the Chelsea match, I get a repeat of a Madrid-Barca match :rolleyes: Yesterday Coco kindly provided me with a Chinese channel that finally worked for me. So far, I'm not altogether pleased with Sopcast.

 
I don't know why, but in most Sopcast channels that are supposed to broadcast the Chelsea match, I get a repeat of a Madrid-Barca match :rolleyes: Yesterday Coco kindly provided me with a Chinese channel that finally worked for me. So far, I'm not altogether pleased with Sopcast.
There is a bug with some versions of sopcast, when you click on a sopcast link to start the channel sopcast opens but instead of loading the channel you selected it loads the channel that you last watched, the way around it is to update sopcast, or open sopcast first before you click on the sopcast channel link. Hope thats not confusing.

 
There is a bug with some versions of sopcast, when you click on a sopcast link to start the channel sopcast opens but instead of loading the channel you selected it loads the channel that you last watched, the way around it is to update sopcast, or open sopcast first before you click on the sopcast channel link. Hope thats not confusing.
Thanks, I'll give it a try, because if I have to listen one more time to that Spanish gibberish, so reminiscent of the fat waiter, I'm going berserk!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have experienced what Coco mentions as well.

if you click on a link direct form say the MyP2p page it will open Sopcast however not necessarily at the channel you clicked for - once it is open you then click on the link for a second time and it should pick the correct channel.

 
I have to throw my hat in for the pro-Sopcast team.

Without it I wouldn't have seen half the games I watched last year.

 
Sopcast fan here also..

On another note, I was thinking that it would be great if someone from here who has fast upload speed and sky or Chelsea tv could set up their own The Shed End live stream (At either justin.tv, livestream.com or ustream.com), then passsword protect it so only our members could watch it, which should also make the streaming speed to be very fast as well.

I'm not too sure on whats required for set this up, just a cable I imagine. However i would be willing to look into details if someone was interested in doing this.

What do you guys think?

 
I use the older version of sopcast (2.0) rather than the latest version. I updated the software toward the end of last season and it kept cutting out.

A Rangers forum use the JTV set up for streaming games. Its a decent idea as you all know the amount of crap thats talked in the JTV chat room beside the screen by random mongs on the wind up. Keeping it private keeps the dickheads out :angry:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top