SPOILERS - Game of Thrones

All Barco no bite

RLC Fan Club Founder
Messages
18,025
Reaction score
15,294
Thought a thread for GoT where we can actually talk about the episodes as they progress through the final season would be useful so as not to ruin it for others.

 
Episode 1 was boring unless I guess you are super into characters reuniting.

No one gave a sh*t the one dragon is undead.

bran.0.png


 
Agreed it was a pretty boring episode, however does set it up for it all to really kick off in episode 2. White walkers arriving at Winterfell, Bran and Jamie meeting again since he was hurled from the window, John now knowing who his parents were (and Dani being his Aunt), Yara being rescued by Theon and Theon heading to Winterfell?

 
On a side note, Bran is proper creepy now he's the three eyes raven. Wouldn't mind seeing Jamie roll him down some steps. 

 
It was kind of what I was expecting to be fair, a bit of a recap and getting the plot out of the way to set up for arse kicking. 

 
It was kind of what I was expecting to be fair, a bit of a recap and getting the plot out of the way to set up for arse kicking. 
Agreed, i'm not actually sure who i want to end up on the Iron Throne at this point. 

Ideally Dani on the Iron Throne with John being made King in the North, however i'm fairly sure one or both will die.

Failing that Tyrion as king with Sansa/John ruling up North.

 
Probably one of the worst delivered episode of the series. 

John Snow casually hopping on top of dragon and flying it and him and Danny thinking nothing of it even though only those with Targaryen blood can ride them. That entire scene was awful and handled far too light hardheartedly considering the ramifications of what it meant. Would have played out better if John rode the dragon after Samwell told him who is real father was. 

Bran just sat in the middle of Winterfell having a stare out contest with whoever happens to be passing through. 

Theon Greyjoy suddenly turning into a super ninja and rescuing his sister from the Iron Fleet without even breaking sweat. 

There was some good stuff in there but a rather clunky episode clearly trying to get some stuff out the way with quickly so they can lead into the battle with the White Walkers. 

 
Probably one of the worst delivered episode of the series. 

John Snow casually hopping on top of dragon and flying it and him and Danny thinking nothing of it even though only those with Targaryen blood can ride them. That entire scene was awful and handled far too light hardheartedly considering the ramifications of what it meant. Would have played out better if John rode the dragon after Samwell told him who is real father was. 

Bran just sat in the middle of Winterfell having a stare out contest with whoever happens to be passing through. 

Theon Greyjoy suddenly turning into a super ninja and rescuing his sister from the Iron Fleet without even breaking sweat. 

There was some good stuff in there but a rather clunky episode clearly trying to get some stuff out the way with quickly so they can lead into the battle with the White Walkers. 
To be fair, there are a lot of loose ends to be tied up in just 6 (?) episodes. Although as you say it was clunky, i think it was a necessary evil to kick the season in to gear.

 
To be fair, there are a lot of loose ends to be tied up in just 6 (?) episodes. Although as you say it was clunky, i think it was a necessary evil to kick the season in to gear.
Completely understand why they did it but just slightly surprised how they did some of it.

They've spent years building some of these plot threads and I'm worried they're going to either not resolve some or do it in a heavy handed way which would be a shame because the show has mostly been excellent and I'm just surprised they've limited themselves to just 6 episodes to conclude everything. 

I get quite invested in some of the more minor plots such as The Hound and Brienne/Jaime so I'm hoping they don't get neglected.  

 
A good, solid episode, where they reminded us of the allegiances, grudges and as yet unsolved plot points.

Glad they quickly got the issue of Jon's true parentage out the way. The best bit of the episode was probably the ending, watching Jaime sh*t himself at the sight of Bran-Flake leering at him from across the courtyard (they really need to increase security at Winterfell, as it looks like Jaime just trotted in without any problem).

Only five episodes left. Can't wait to see who ends up on the Iron Throne. Hope it's Tyrion. I reckon Daenerys is going to go the way of her father (already seen shades of it; see her execution of the Tarly's from last season) and go berserk- perhaps Jon will murder her to save the 7 kingdoms?

Just please leave Jorah alone. I couldn't handle it if he perishes in the final battle. Though in most likelihood, he will. And Theon is almost certain to do something ridiculously heroic and sacrifice himself in recompense of his actions over the pre-Reek years.

Winter is here. Let the speculation continue! 

 
No one is ending up on the Iron Throne, a dragon is going to melt it in a battle for King's Landing. 

 
The last episode was really good. Except for when they let the knackerless sh*thouse who has ran away from everything guard the most important person they are using as bait ?

 
The last episode was really good. Except for when they let the knackerless sh*thouse who has ran away from everything guard the most important person they are using as bait ?
Ironic, isn't it?  It took losing his balls for him to actually grow some.....

 
He must have seen a really good psychologist in the off season, he's a new man

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
He must have seen a really good psychologist in the off season, he's a new man
He just needed confidence from his manager, 8 out of 10 player now.

 
I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but this was a garbage episode. 

I've read all the books and I've watched it since the show first aired, always been a huge fan, but you can tell GRRM's work is absent since midway season 5, the last two seasons have been littered with obvious plot armour but this was the icing on the cake. How many times did you see all the main characters almost dying in impossible situations? You saw 3 wights about to jump on Danerys in birds eye view when she was with Jorah, and still once it jumps back to them both, she's fine. And where on earth did Arya come from? There were hordes and hordes of undead and white walkers and she managed to get the jump on the night king? I don't think so... 

The book is focused on the white walker threat, that's what the show opened up on aswell, but looks like it's going to be about Cersei who the show have made really smart. Meh... Not really that interested now, my hype was pretty much killed after last season with how rushed it was, but the fan service at the moment is real, the books and the show used to be ruthless and unpredictable with killing off characters, now it's turned into the walking dead. 

 
I’m the opposite from you, I loved it but I haven’t read the books unlike yourself. I’m going to read them after (nice summer in the garden with a beer and lots of books  :good2: ) so they don’t ruin the show.

Arya has a lot of time dedicated to her and her learning to become a faceless man which is the only thing I can think of that supports her turning up out of nowhere. 

I think the constant showing of characters fighting in impossible situations that looked bleak was just to keep us guessing about who would die or survive. I’m still not entirely sure who’s still alive  :laugh2:

Also it’s not just going to be about war with Cersei, there’s still the whole rightful heir to the throne thing going on too. 

Was I the only one hoping the night king would get to kings landing and bring back Joffrey so he could be killed horribly again?

Finally R.I.P Jorah, he died doing what he loved. Trying to impress Daenerys. 

 
Back
Top