Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBeard

First Team Regular
Messages
6,073
Reaction score
169
I play FM 2014 quite a bit, but last night couldn't access the game (which can only be accessed via Steam), which really pissed me off.

Steam wouldn't recognise my account/password, so I opened a new account and tried again. Steam didn't recognise my new account though they'd just confirmed it by e-mail, what the f*ck is going on? Their 'support' is a joke, you just go round in circles. Anyone else had problems?

Had to abandon my ongoing domination of the football world, and instead decided to conquer the known world via Rome: Total War. No idea if I'll ever be able to play FM again :-(

 
I play FM 2014 quite a bit, but last night couldn't access the game (which can only be accessed via Steam), which really pissed me off.

Steam wouldn't recognise my account/password, so I opened a new account and tried again. Steam didn't recognise my new account though they'd just confirmed it by e-mail, what the f*ck is going on? Their 'support' is a joke, you just go round in circles. Anyone else had problems?

Had to abandon my ongoing domination of the football world, and instead decided to conquer the known world via Rome: Total War. No idea if I'll ever be able to play FM again :-(
Don't know if this would work, but have you tried un installing Steam and installing it back?

 
I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a new laptop and installed Steam but it wouldn't recognize my password. so I then tried to get a new password and it wouldn't recognize my email address. Cant remember how it got fixed but it was after a few phone calls that got me nowhere.

 
I often get the same error but simply trying again always solves it.

 
yeah, but starting Steam in offline mode avoids issues regarding the recognition of your account and launching the games.

You can always change to online mode from time to time to update games, etc.

 
Finally got it sorted by leaving it for a week or two! Thanks for your comments, much appreciated!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top