Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back Frank ?

  • Sack now.

    Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

    Votes: 80 70.2%

  • Total voters
    114
Would be nice if he could shed a bit more light on that. We all know he's right - our club is not being run right, but I wonder what he is getting at specifically.
Think theyre more about observations from his time in charge tbh.

My short list would be no team cohesion given the changes that are made game in and out. no settled defence, signing young players for astronomical money that are not really better than our own Cobham grads. Stubborn manager who is going to die on his possession-based football hill regardless of the talent at his disposal.

I also think the flipping players model isnt great as no one is really going to establish themselves, if they do, the money men will sell. You need a settled side to challenge for things.

I always remember Sir frank saying that in his second stint, player fitness was an issue and he had to train players to shoot. eg, we're really not scoring many goals from the wings or midfield and even strikers are having a hard time shooting in Maresca's system. Everyone just looks like theyre playing within themselves.

I just wonder how Sir Frank would get on with this crop of players tbh. Proven to be able to work with them having promoted a number who have all been sold off bar Reece James who will probably be off at some point, could see Bayern/ Barca or Madrid clubs wanting him.

 
That is not the problem. He had 10 attackers and he tried to fit all of them and he tried to phase out jorgi and Azpi.
An inexperienced manager making inexperienced decisions at a top club isn't the problem?

 
Frank is doing a tremendous job at Coventry.

Top of the ladder with a goal difference of +20 after 9 matches.

 
Watched the game last night to see Lamps Coventry go back to top of The Championship after some iffy form of late.

Have to say, thought Boro played the better football, but would love to see Lamps get success and take Coventry up. Trouble is, can only foresee them struggling just as Burnley have dome this season. I'm sure Lamps wants to get Coventry up in the PL, but he must also be thinking it won't do himself any favours if they get battered most weeks. Unless he gets them up and then jumps ship as others have done in the past.

Poor guy is really starting to thin on top too - that's the stresses of football management for you!

 
Watched the game last night to see Lamps Coventry go back to top of The Championship after some iffy form of late.

Have to say, thought Boro played the better football, but would love to see Lamps get success and take Coventry up. Trouble is, can only foresee them struggling just as Burnley have dome this season. I'm sure Lamps wants to get Coventry up in the PL, but he must also be thinking it won't do himself any favours if they get battered most weeks. Unless he gets them up and then jumps ship as others have done in the past.

Poor guy is really starting to thin on top too - that's the stresses of football management for you!
It was a scrappy game in the end, good to see him get a win. I was a little worried they were going to tail off and miss out on promotion in the end, which would have been a big strike against Lampard after getting them top of the league at Christmas.

 
Poor guy is really starting to thin on top too - that's the stresses of football management for you!
Just genetics at work ... I think he'd be better off with a buzz cut than the rather desperate comb over he's going with at the moment.

 
I'm surprised Lampard's hair has hung on as long as it has. I can remember when he was playing and you could see patches where his hair stopped growing. He's had a bald spot at the back of his head for years too.

 
Watched the game last night to see Lamps Coventry go back to top of The Championship after some iffy form of late.

Have to say, thought Boro played the better football, but would love to see Lamps get success and take Coventry up. Trouble is, can only foresee them struggling just as Burnley have dome this season. I'm sure Lamps wants to get Coventry up in the PL, but he must also be thinking it won't do himself any favours if they get battered most weeks. Unless he gets them up and then jumps ship as others have done in the past.

Poor guy is really starting to thin on top too - that's the stresses of football management for you!
Arguably the best two teams in the comp - Ipswich are too inconsistent - but neither will cut it in the PL with those squads.

 
Frank should consult with Conte on the the hair game.

It would be great to se him get Coventry up. Middlesborough and Ipswich too.

Too many London teams in the Prem already, but what IF they got up? You know "no one likes us" team. . . imagine that

 
Frank should consult with Conte on the the hair game.

It would be great to se him get Coventry up. Middlesborough and Ipswich too.

Too many London teams in the Prem already, but what IF they got up? You know "no one likes us" team. . . imagine that
Be great to have all 3 NE teams in the Prem at the same time.

MIIIIIILLLLWAAAALLL. Can only come up if the pikeys stay up as well. Would be undeniable cinema.

 
Just genetics at work ... I think he'd be better off with a buzz cut than the rather desperate comb over he's going with at the moment.
He’s not at that level yet, his hairline is pushed back, but it’s not really a comb over 😅

Not sure why he hasn’t gone for a transplant really, probably doesn’t want the headlines. Rooney/Conte always getting stick.

 
He’s not at that level yet, his hairline is pushed back, but it’s not really a comb over 😅

Not sure why he hasn’t gone for a transplant really, probably doesn’t want the headlines. Rooney/Conte always getting stick.
If I had the money, and I was going bald, you can bet anything I am getting a hair transplant. I wouldn't care what anybody says about it 😆

 
If I had the money, and I was going bald, you can bet anything I am getting a hair transplant. I wouldn't care what anybody says about it 😆
Sadly lost mine once I hit my 30's. But yes, if I had the money would definitely go for a "James Nesbit". Saw OCS guitarist Steve Craddock who was pretty thin on top suddenly show of a decent head of hair the other day too.

 
200.gif


 
  • Like
Reactions: yaz
Oh yea, and this is what it always comes back to for me also, Rosenoir, that ginger guy, Potter, Maresca, these are all guys learning on the job, same or similar CV/coaches badges/similar experience as Frank.

Losing with a club legend just felt different, someone who cares, and at least someone we know is fairly intelligent and proved he had an eye for talent, for which we never followed through for him (1st spell links). If we’re going for these absolute nobodies, at least make it someone the fans can actually get behind.

The ship has definitely sailed on this one, but I’d take him over f**king Gary O’Neil who’s probably coming into the fold next.

 
Just let Frank do his thing at Coventry.

He's nearly got them promoted to the Premier League after 25 years out of the top flight and I don't want to see a legend beholden to these d**khead owners and SDs we have.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just let Frank do his thing at Coventry.

He's nearly got them promoted to the Premier League after 25 years out of the top flight and I don't want to see a legend beholden to these d**khead owners and SDs we have.
He would be crazy to come back and work under these owners again

 
Back
Top