Super Sam Kerr

GettyImages-2153962463_drhrw3
Sam Kerr: My three favourite Chelsea momentsCan you name your three standout Sam Kerr moments? Tough, right! So we tasked someone who couldn’t be better qualified – Sam herself – to pick her favourites from a trophy-laden spell with the Blues.

Since joining in the second half of the 2019/20 season, the Australian superstar has gone on to write her name into the fabric of Chelsea Football Club, scoring 116 goals in 158 appearances.

And after signing off in style, becoming our joint-highest goalscorer with a typically impressive strike against Manchester United on the final day, we asked the striker to name her favourite moments in Blue. Narrowing it down to three was tough, but you can check out Sam’s choices and reasoning below.

Three consecutive FA Cups triumphsKerr said: ‘I think I can't go past our three FA Cups in a row. I know it's not one moment, but winning it once was incredible, winning it twice was unbelievable, and then to do it three years in a row… oh, it was amazing!

‘I think the first time you do it, you realise how big the FA Cup is, and to do it at Wembley and to do it three times was a dream come true and something I'll always remember.’

Kerr_16x9.jpg


play video

Women's Team

What a GOAL! Sam Kerr with a cheeky chip to seal the Women's FA CupWe look back at Sam Kerr's incredible goal which sealed the Women's FA Cup against Arsenal in 2021.

Last day league winSam continued: ‘Winning the league on the last day against Manchester United is probably one of my favourite memories in football, just the way the game went.

‘It’s interesting because when you watch it back, [for my second goal] you can clearly see that I take a look, but I had no idea what was going through my head to try that.

‘It’s one of those that if you miss it, you look like a bit of an idiot. But, watching it back with the commentary, it was even better for me. I love watching goals like that, so to score one in a game of that magnitude was unbelievable.’

thumbnail.jpg


play video

Chelsea 4-2 Manchester United (H) | WSL HighlightsHighlights from our final WSL match against Manchester United, where we sealed the title!

Back-to-back Golden BootsKerr added: ‘For my third moment, I’d say my back-to-back Golden Boots. To cement myself in Europe felt really good to me and was something I'm so proud of. I have had so many amazing teammates help me during those two seasons. So I think those three are my favourite moments – winning trophies and scoring goals.

‘To be a part of something so special, to be a part of an amazing team that I'm sure will be talked about for years to come, the success and the way we just kept on winning and constantly coming back over those years, it just was incredible to be a part of.

‘Every year had something different about it, but they all had the same result at the end. And I think for me, that's probably the most special.’

SK100_THUMB_3_00074.png


play video

Video

Sam Kerr | All 100 Goals! ⚽️Watch all 100 of Sam Kerr's goals since signing for 

 
Back
Top