Tammy Abraham

Nibs

I'm up on the hills playing Little Boy Soldier
Messages
12,823
Reaction score
10,159
I see that Tammy Abraham has signed his first Pro contract with us. He promptly celebrated by scoring both goals in a 2-0 win over Kiev in the UEFA Youth League. This follows his 41 goals for the youth teams last season.

Only just 18 so he is a bit down the pecking order but if he keeps going at this rate he will be putting pressure on Bamford, Solanke & Brown as to who might break into the first team.

 
Yeah, we are starting to create good strikers. I really hope one of them will have a future in Chelsea.

 
It would be nice to think one of them will make it with us.

It would help if we stopped signing big names who used to be good but are on the downward spiral when we get them.

 
Solanke should be knocking on the door next season.

 
This is doubly good news in the light of the common conception (or at least Wenger said it once) that Europe is no longer producing top-level strikers. Being able to consistently create centre forwards with the potential of Bamford, Solanke, and Abraham might prove to be very important if the general standard drops among our domestic and European rivals.

How many world-class, out-and-out strikers are there in the world right now? Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski are the only ones I could say with total confidence. Maybe Benzema, Rooney, Cavani at a [large] stretch. I know plenty would say Ibrahimovic but I have various issues with him as a player.

 
Solanke has 2 goals in 4 starts and 1 on 3 sub appearnces. I'd hoped he'd have played more 

 
Solanke has 2 goals in 4 starts and 1 on 3 sub appearnces. I'd hoped he'd have played more 
He had some problems with paperwork etc so has only really been available for a month and a half. and has since forced his way as the first team starter and looked pretty good.

It's Brown I would worry about who has slipped out of reckoning  

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Solanke and Tammy are great prospects.  I think both of them were going back and forth last season as to who was scoring more, and both got into the 40's

 
Scored twice against Dynamo today, also from the pictures he was the captain. He's serious machine, Solanke and him can work perfect for us in future.

 
I swear he scores about 3 goals a week, from what I've heard he's going to be the next Ronaldo!

 
And he got 2 more today for the under 21's against the dippers.

 
I think Tammy is the best prospect out of all of them. Why not have him as the 3rd striker now? Falcao is a waste of a subs spot IMO.

 
I think Tammy is the best prospect out of all of them. Why not have him as the 3rd striker now? Falcao is a waste of a subs spot IMO.
Because that would be the sensible thing to do. We are Chelsea and we do things differently.

 
I would love to see one of these players get a run of games.

I really don't think we need to spend big on second and/or third choice strikers with guys like Abraham, Solanke and Bamford in the wings.

 
Funny how here we are all about how these young players should get in the team yet when when the window is open the majority seem to want to buy. Higuain, Benzema, Lacazette, Hernandez.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Back
Top