Terminator Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet waffle

First Team Squad
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
1
I really enjoyed it, sure it's not as good as the first two but it is far better than the third so for me that makes it a fine addition to the Terminator franchise.

 
Oh good good, I really want to see it :)

Have you seen Drag Me To Hell? If you haven't, go, it's absolutely brilliant >.<

 
Oh good good, I really want to see it :)Have you seen Drag Me To Hell? If you haven't, go, it's absolutely brilliant >.<
No I haven't seen that yet I if I get the chance I shall check it out, the next films I really want to see are Year One and of course Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which looks fantastic.

 
No I haven't seen that yet I if I get the chance I shall check it out, the next films I really want to see are Year One and of course Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which looks fantastic.
Transformers looks amazing. I loved the first one and just hope the 2nd one is even better.

Year One I'm not so sure about. Mostly because of Michael Cera. I love JB I think he's hilarious, but Cera annoys me. He plays the same trying-to-be-innocent guy, that just seems to get the darndest luck with girls, so far in Superbad, Juno and that Infinite Playlist garbage too. I'll probably go see it for JB, but if Cera plays the same role, I will not be happy :)

 
Oh good good, I really want to see it :brunette: Have you seen Drag Me To Hell? If you haven't, go, it's absolutely brilliant >.<
is that the new Sam Raimi film? is it anywher near as good as the evil dea films? if it is then im definately watching it.

 
saw it, mcg is an awful director but the film was a bit of harmless fun, quite enjoyable in the cinema (therefore his mona lisa).

great sound and effects. obviously not a patch on the cameron films, but far better than t3.

 
I haven't seen Terminator Salvation yet but will as soon as possible.

One thing I don't quite get is why they didn't continue from the end of the third movie. Why not show the beginning of the war. Now they jump right into it.

This could have been the 5th movie instead.

Terminator 1: Save Sarah Connor - the mother of the future leader of the rebels

Terminator 2: Save John Connor - the future leader of the rebels

Terminator 3: Save John Connor again (he really can't stay out of trouble) and witness the incidents that leads up to the war

Terminator 4: Witness the beginning of the war and John Connor gathering his group of rebels

Terminator 5: The war continues and we see the end of the war? (I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how it ends)

Now it feels like they just couldn't wait to get the real action started. "Screw the boring beginning, let's get to the fun parts instead".

 
is that the new Sam Raimi film? is it anywher near as good as the evil dea films? if it is then im definately watching it.
Yeah, and even though I've never seen the Evil Dead films, I've read and heard reviews saying stuff like "Drag Me To Hell is the cousin of Evil Dead" and stuff like that.

Will have to watch Evil Dead though. I'm sure there's a box set with all 3 films out there somewhere.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and even though I've never seen the Evil Dead films, I've read and heard reviews saying stuff like "Drag Me To Hell is the cousin of Evil Dead" and stuff like that.Will have to watch Evil Dead though. I'm sure there's a box set with all 3 films out there somewhere.
you've gotta watch them, they're great, very funny too.

the second is basically a remake of the first (both worth watching though), and the third is totally a different kind of film.

 
Yeah, and even though I've never seen the Evil Dead films, I've read and heard reviews saying stuff like "Drag Me To Hell is the cousin of Evil Dead" and stuff like that.Will have to watch Evil Dead though. I'm sure there's a box set with all 3 films out there somewhere.
never seen evil dead? my god, thats terrible. get it, watch it, NOW!!!!!

 
never seen evil dead? my god, thats terrible. get it, watch it, NOW!!!!!
What? I am still 16, forgive me for not seeing an 18 :P

(Just to say I have seen a number of 18s, Evil Dead not being one of them.

G4 - Drag Me To Hell is like that too, scary, but hilarious at the same time, I loved it :(

 
So, I will be the prick

It sucked

The ending blew, the script seemed out of sync for Bale, and the action kept stoping at odd points.

 
Just saw it, was good IMO but for some reason i still cant think of Bale as John Conner. A bit weird but i didnt like it how the whole atmosphere of the war was different to how it was portrayed in the few scenes it was shown in the previous films. Though like i said it was good overall, obviously nowhere near the 1st two but i dont think anyone expected it to be.

 
A bit weird but i didnt like it how the whole atmosphere of the war was different to how it was portrayed in the few scenes it was shown in the previous films.
The reason the atmosphere is different is because it's set in 2018, 10 years before the battles shown in the first two.

 
Went to see it yesterday, and I really liked it!

Thought they covered the "No Arnie" attribute of the film really well, with that new form of Terminator. Liked how Worthington played him aswell, good performance from the englishman.

Bale I was again baffled by his voice, like in Dark Knight. He had a softer growl this time around, but still, it was a growl.

 
Went to see it yesterday, and I really liked it! Thought they covered the "No Arnie" attribute of the film really well, with that new form of Terminator. Liked how Worthington played him aswell, good performance from the englishman.

Bale I was again baffled by his voice, like in Dark Knight. He had a softer growl this time around, but still, it was a growl.
that growl thing did my f**king head in on dark knight. it totally spoiled the film for me. i just didnt understand why he did it.

 
that growl thing did my f**king head in on dark knight. it totally spoiled the film for me. i just didnt understand why he did it.
Haha, tell me about it. Half the time, in Dark Knight and now in Terminator, I couldn't understand some of the things he said. I was constantly saying "Sorry, what?" -_-

 
Need to see this movie quick, I was abit cheeky and tryed to watch a stream but it sounded like muffled cat rape so I'm just gunna go see it this weekend at the cinema.. Best be good because I'm a huge fan of the others.

 
Well I was very very disappointed. I love Terminator and T2, not so sure about T3, but it was OK. This one was, IMO, short on ideas. The stunts were all things that had been done before and better, it looked to me like a Matrix 2 rip-off when the big set-pieces came up and the plot, direction and characters were all ho-hum, two-dimensional and dire.

I was hugely looking forward to it and now I want my money and my time back, please

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top