The Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdog

An Untouchable
Messages
8,603
Reaction score
4,786
Just curious if anyone is watching FX's The Bridge? I just got hooked. Crazy show. I wonder if some of the action is based of true stories from El Paso & Ciudad Juárez.

 
My wife loves it, but I have not seen it.  Though I do have a soft spot for that US-German actress -- nice on the eyes.

 
My wife loves it, but I have not seen it.  Though I do have a soft spot for that US-German actress -- nice on the eyes.
Which one? There are two of them

Diane Kruger

220px-Diane_Kruger_Peabody_2014_%28cropped%29.jpg


or Franka Potente

MV5BNTY3ODYyNjU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMxNDE3OA@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg


 
Is that a remake of the Danish/Swedish drama.  I loved that - can't wait for the next series.

 
I already voiced my disapproval in an earlier comment ;) For me it's not even close.

 
Sorry yeah, I wondered if that was the general feeling.  Is it being shown in the UK ?

 
Undertow I can understand your dislike, but just curious. Are there characters like Graciela, Charlotte Millwright or Fausto Galvan? These are very interesting characters & IMHO they add pizazz to the show. I will be real with you, I haven't seen the Danish version, but after I finish this first season of FX version, I will check it out & see the differences.

 
Well, yes and no. The characters in the original version don't look like they stepped out of a comicbook, they are less sensational and not about the first viewer impression. It takes some patience and paying attention to their lines see the layers and complexity of the original characters. And obviously the story is not about heavy drug trafficking between Denmark and Sweden ;) Also for me Sofia Helin plays Saga, the socially inept detective, way better then Diane Kruger does Sonya especially later on.

 
I can't imagine anyone else playing Saga!  The picture above seems too "Hollywood".

 
I can't imagine anyone else playing Saga!
"Saga Norén, länskrim Malmö." :)

tumblr_m451hzx2uq1r5565fo1_500.png


tumblr_mkmddrLDqh1qd19fso1_500.png


The picture above seems too "Hollywood".
Exactly. I praised some Danish drama series in the Cult TV Series thread recently, and not being "Hollywood" was one of the reasons. So far all the American remakes I saw (The Killing, The Bridge, Those who kill) were poor imitations.

 
Exactly. I praised some Danish drama series in the Cult TV Series thread recently, and not being "Hollywood" was one of the reasons. So far all the American remakes I saw (The Killing, The Bridge, Those who kill) were poor imitations.
I understand you like the original but I just seen the first 3 episodes of the Danish version. The US version is very closely made to the original. Same scenes in a lot of shots. However there are variations. Also the situation with Mexico & the US is very different from the situation with Denmark & Sweden. I like them both, but I still think Diane Kruger is hotter.

 
I absolutely adored season 1. I was watching season 2 on BBC iPlayer. I was about to start the last episode when they removed all the episodes from iPlayer! So I never found out how it ended! I was livid!

I'm waiting for the second series to come on Netflix. I'll have to watch the whole season again since I've forgotten what happened. I'm referring to the Danish version, of course!

 
I understand you like the original but I just seen the first 3 episodes of the Danish version. The US version is very closely made to the original. Same scenes in a lot of shots. However there are variations. Also the situation with Mexico & the US is very different from the situation with Denmark & Sweden. I like them both, but I still think Diane Kruger is hotter.
That would be a great argument if we were talking about a pin up calendar and not a drama series.

Yes, there are a lot of similarities between the two versions of the first season, however the original story is better written, it has way less cliches and even the actors are better. Diane may be hot but she butchered Saga's character, Sofia is much, much better in the role.

 
Wrong thread

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top