The Cool Movie Trailer Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian M

Guest
Yup, seen any trailers for films (new or old) that you think people should check out? Well, here's the place to put them...

I'll kick off with the awesome trailer for the 'untitled' JJ Abrams flick...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/large.htmlhttp://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... large.html

And follow it up with the very cool trailer for Rambo IV...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/john-rambo-iv-feature-trailer/http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/ ... e-trailer/

(interesting to see how 'Torture Porn' (films such as Hostel, Saw etc) has influenced the gore factor of this particular incarnation of Rambo!)

 
Ok Brian, I am really glad that you started this thread. Not because I want to post any trailers, although the new Transformers on with Bonecrusher skating down the highway bursting through a bus before diving headlong into Optimus Prime is great.

However, when I went to the premier of the Transformers movie, this trailer of the JJ Abrams came on the screen and had the whole place buzzing. So, me and the two people I went to the Transformers premier with got talking about it. What the heck is this movie about? I thought, although this could be tenuous, that seeing as the guy was getting ready to go to Japan, and then there was something attacking a big city, that maybe they were making a decent rendition of the Godzilla movies?

Any ideas?

 
Any ideas?
Well, it's been untitled right the way through principal photography and post production, so my guess - after seeing the trailer - was that why would you be so coy about the title if you weren't trying to hide something? QED: they're doing a remake of Godzilla and want to distance themselves from the Roland Emmerich 1998 'Godzilla' which got panned. Plus - dragons aside - how many monsters spit fire?

Either way, I'm going to see it though!

 
Wow
icon_eek.gif


That trailer for that JJ Abrams flick was frigging cool. I got a War of the Worlds feeling from it and even though that's not a good thing it still was very cool indeed. Can't wait for the movie to come.

P.S. In the end of the trailer I thought "You damn dirty apes!"
icon_wink.gif


 
Okay, just found out that JJ's film is being refered to as 'Cloverfield'. Though it remains unclear if that is the title that'll be on the one sheet when it hits the cinema in January.

 
"Cloverfield" doesn't exactly sound very cool. Sounds more like a "Pride and Prejudice" kind of movie. And I very much doubt that Jane Austen has anything to do with that trailer I just saw
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
'This is England' has been receiving a lot of early praise amongst the normal circles of UK film critics (granted they regularly talk pretentious twaddle).

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top