The Hobbit has started production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer gave me goosebumps and then I almost got angry because I realised it's a year left until it's release.

Only small worry I had when watching the trailer was that there was a few funny things in it and I hope they won't ridicule Bombur too much and put in loads of jokes. But I think I thought the same when I first saw the Lotr trailer and it turned out great.

I have full confidence in Jackson and his crew.

 
It's still almost a full year until they release it, so we probably shouldn't make too many assumptions based on that trailer. I mean, it looks promising, but Peter Jackson is notorious for constantly re-writing the scripts all through the shooting of the movie and tweaking his films in post production until the final minute of the dead line. Now when it's a fully digital post production process(they don't use film), he will have more time to focus on fiddling around with details. Then again, I'm not sure how much more work the 3D adds to the whole process.

 
Just noticed they have released the fifth production diary:


 
Apparently its going to be a second part as well to the movie!

 
I really cant wait for this film, but if they ruin it I will kill every single person involved by spoon feeding them blancmange until they explode.

 
I really cant wait for this film, but if they ruin it I will kill every single person involved by spoon feeding them blancmange until they explode.
Judging by the size of the production crew, that's no small amount of blancmange.

 
I really cant wait for this film, but if they ruin it I will kill every single person involved by spoon feeding them blancmange until they explode.
So, that's Death by French Pudding, then?

 
I never heard about it until recently, thought it was just 1 movie planned for ages.
Oh, ok. The first time I read about the movie(Empire magazine, I think it was), it was announced that they were going to make two movies. The original plan was to make one movie based on the Hobbit and the other movie would be this so called "bridge movie" that would show us what happened between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Lord of the Rings. Then they changed the plans as it became obvious that they couldn't possibly fit everything(that that wanted to include in it) into one movie. I think they're adding some things that aren't in The Hobbit, but which have to do with the the Ring(s) of power. I'm not sure how they're going to do that, but apparently it does include Saruman, because Sir Christopher Lee has been shooting scenes for the movies, although he's not in the book.

 
I remember reading the book (many moons ago) and being shocked to the core when Saruman the White was revealed as having turned to the evil side. If I had been told Jesus was a rent boy I could not have been more horrified! (except thaty back then I wouldn't have known what a rent boy was!)

Wasn't Saruman's earlier history dealt with in the Silmarillion? I have to say that is a book I found very hard to read.

 
Wasn't Saruman's earlier history dealt with in the Silmarillion? I have to say that is a book I found very hard to read.
Yeah, it's not exactly a "page turner". I tried to read it as a kid(around 12-13 years old), but I'm not sure if I got through it all. I don't remember it all too well, so I'm not sure if Saruman's history was dealt in it. I do remember that there was a story that was heavily influenced by a story in the Finnish national epic Kalevala, though.

 
Yes, it's bit like all the mediaeval legends that stemmed from the Welsh Mabinogion.

I was 19 or so when I read the Silmarillion and was desperately disappointed because I'd been unable to put the Lord of The Rings down, and I found the Silmarillion SO turgid!

 
Come to think of it, I just realised that although I've read the Hobbit several times over the years, I've never read it in Finnish. I've still got the worn out English paperback that I bought so that I'd have something to read during the flights on a family Christmas trip around 20 years ago.

 
Two movies? 12 minutes is more than enough to tell the story:


Or maybe not... :happy001:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top