The Simpsons Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for me bender is the memorable character in Futurama however he isn't a big enough character to focus on to the extene tthat Homer is and I am not suggesting that they should do that in Futurama.

I guess my point is that there is a wealth of characters in The Simpsons that provide a lot of support laughs which basically means there is little risk of stories and jokes becoming a bit repetitive which is where I think Futurama falls down.

(I can't believe I am having an indepth comparison between two cartoons)

 
I think that Fritz the Cat stands up to the comparison

Kev

 
I think that Fritz the Cat stands up to the comparisonKev
A true classic!
icon_lol.gif


 
icon_lol.gif


I had forgotten all about Fritz - my brother and I had a copy of it when we were about 10 years old and we thought we were bad bad boys for watching it without our parents knowing

 
I really dislike some of the early Simpsons where they tried to focus on Bart too much, also. Moving to the idiocy of Homer, adn how he effects his son, wife, daughter, co workers, becomes an accidental hero,etc. It is all hilarious and tantamount to the cartoons Success.

I also really like King of the Hill

Scott

 
Mention classic cartoons and for me, the one that springs to mind immediately is "Top Cat". But then there were only ever two series made. Loved it when I was a nipper, and might well consider buying the series on DVD set one of these days.
I loved that, too (I'm sure you remember how the BBC changed the title to 'Boss Cat' - something to do with advertising and cat food - but not the theme tune, obviously). It was a clever spin-off of Bilko, as I'm sure you're aware.

 
Mention classic cartoons and for me, the one that springs to mind immediately is "Top Cat". But then there were only ever two series made. Loved it when I was a nipper, and might well consider buying the series on DVD set one of these days.
I loved that, too (I'm sure you remember how the BBC changed the title to 'Boss Cat' - something to do with advertising and cat food - but not the theme tune, obviously). It was a clever spin-off of Bilko, as I'm sure you're aware.
Right on both counts. The character of Top Cat was very much based on Bilko - another classic series that I could watch over and over. The entire series on 4 DVDs, is available from Amazon Marketplace for around ?19.50 + p&p. If I was slightly less skint, I'd be well tempted. And of course, these being Region 1 DVDs, won't have that daft Boss Cat overlay.

 
I guess my point is that there is a wealth of characters in The Simpsons that provide a lot of support laughs which basically means there is little risk of stories and jokes becoming a bit repetitive which is where I think Futurama falls down.
So right Loz - I think that's why I love the Simpsons so much - I can never quite have a favourite character because there are so many good ones.

Of course Homer (Legend) but the list goes on and on - Lenny & Carl, Moe, Mr Burns, Mayor Quimby, Prof Fink, Dr Hibbert (ho, ho.ho), comic book guy,

hapless Gil and of course I think my current faves (even though I said I don't have faves - Chief Wiggum and Eddie & Lou. The dialogue between those three always has me in tears.

I am looking forward to the movie as much as my son.

As for old cartoons when I was a nipper - loads I used to love - Top Cat was one of them, as was The Hair Bear Bunch, Wacky Races, in fact far too many to list now (I'm meant to be working). Favourite though was Marine Boy!!

 
Simpsons is the best show in the history of American television.

Homer is my personal hero.

 
Simpsons is the best show in the history of American television.Homer is my personal hero.
I used to date Marge. Thought it was going to last forever. But then I realized I couldn't settle down with someone who actually had worse bed-hair than me in the morning!
247.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top