The site keeps signing me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PloKoon13

I don't like that kind of talk
Messages
26,071
Reaction score
13,726
When I've been logged on today, every ten minutes or so the site seems to sign me out.

Is there a reason for this?

 
:P ::MooNeY:: That would be the new aesthetics algorhythym kicking in - looks for people who are both ugly and dim and drops them out. Nicely.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I must be dim and ugly then 'cos I get the problem too, always have to sign in twice in a row, even though I hit the 'remember me' button which I think means I shouldn't have to login at all :P

 
the wonders of plastic surgery and a good encyclopaedia

 
Delete your browser cookies and cache, then log back in, that should fix it. Also make sure you are not blocking cookies from this site.

 
Delete your browser cookies and cache, then log back in, that should fix it. Also make sure you are not blocking cookies from this site.
Being more of an abacus man myself, how do you delete the cookies and cache?

 
Being more of an abacus man myself, how do you delete the cookies and cache?
Oh well, seeing no one will let me into this little secret I guess I'll keep my cookies in the biscuit tin for now

 
You hang on to your cookies - you never know when you might need them!

 
I get the problem at work too, so don't think it's an issue with cookies :blink:

 
Oh well, seeing no one will let me into this little secret I guess I'll keep my cookies in the biscuit tin for now
it depends on what browser your using. the best way to tidy up though is get a program called CCleaner, its a free download and is a very good clean up tool.

 
it depends on what browser your using. the best way to tidy up though is get a program called CCleaner, its a free download and is a very good clean up tool.
Will it clean my carpet as well?

 
Geezer, if you're running Internet Explorer, then deleting your cookies, etc..., is easy: -

1) In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu and select the Internet Options, err, option - the Internet Options box should now appear

2) Click on the General tab

3) Under "Browsing history - ("Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords, and web form information"), click the Delete button

4) You now get a list of options - delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Form data, and Passwords

5) to start with just click on the first three - Temporary Internet Files (this may take a little while), Cookies and History.

6) all done! click on Close and do your special happy dance to celebrate!

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is, and will only take a couple of minutes to do.

 
Geezer, if you're running Internet Explorer, then deleting your cookies, etc..., is easy: -1) In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu and select the Internet Options, err, option - the Internet Options box should now appear

2) Click on the General tab

3) Under "Browsing history - ("Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords, and web form information"), click the Delete button

4) You now get a list of options - delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Form data, and Passwords

5) to start with just click on the first three - Temporary Internet Files (this may take a little while), Cookies and History.

6) all done! click on Close and do your special happy dance to celebrate!

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is, and will only take a couple of minutes to do.
Blimey how did you know all that? You're older than me!!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top