The Specials reunite for 2009 tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have loved to have gone to one of the gigs but dates didn't really fit in. As a matter of interest what were the ticket prices? A mate of mine reckons he was quoted between £80 and £120. Seems pretty steep?
£35 for the Brum gig and £30 for the Coventry gig. He mustve been talking ebay prices!

 
That's a bit more like it. That's exactly what I paid for the Weller gig at Southend recently.

Hope to get to see them at some point as the way they have been selling out, it looks like they'll do another tour.

 
Well, Andy youre in for a treat.

What a gig, what an atmosphere! Never seen so many portly balding mid 40s bloke dancing badly in one place before!!!

Utterly brilliant. Skinhead Moonstomp will knock you out.

 
completley missed all the gig info for the specials tour

i would have loved to go and see them

 
Probably the best thread for this. Just relased today is a cracking Ska box set. 54 tracks and not a bad price on Amazon at a tenner

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ska-Mania-Various-...ks_all_1#disc_1

Probably not of interest if you are a big Ska fan and have a lof of this stuff anyway but a good box set if you want to get into it a bit more.

 
Well, Andy youre in for a treat.What a gig, what an atmosphere! Never seen so many portly balding mid 40s bloke dancing badly in one place before!!!

Utterly brilliant. Skinhead Moonstomp will knock you out.
Cant Wait, going the day after the Barca match so hopefulyl celebrate a bit.

Me and my brother have been on a bit of a ska revival tour over the last couple of years so used to the balding middle age spread crowd.

I was a little worried because after seeling out so quickly, there are now plenty of tickets for sale all over the web, I was concerned they have dsappointed a few.. maybe it is just the JCL's dont get it ;)

 
Probably the best thread for this. Just relased today is a cracking Ska box set. 54 tracks and not a bad price on Amazon at a tennerhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Ska-Mania-Various-...ks_all_1#disc_1

Probably not of interest if you are a big Ska fan and have a lof of this stuff anyway but a good box set if you want to get into it a bit more.
Looks like a pretty good compilation, especially for that price. I've already got a lot of the stuff on it, but that wouldn't be a bad "introduction package".

 
Bit of topic I know but did anyone hear the reformed Blockheads perform on Jonathan Ross (Radio 2) at the weekend - they sounded good.

Tour in progress - I will get along to see them

 
Bit of topic I know but did anyone hear the reformed Blockheads perform on Jonathan Ross (Radio 2) at the weekend - they sounded good.Tour in progress - I will get along to see them
Was Derek The Draw singing? I heard they're doing some stuff with Andy Serkis who is playing Ian Dury in the forthcoming biopic movie.

 
Was Derek The Draw singing? I heard they're doing some stuff with Andy Serkis who is playing Ian Dury in the forthcoming biopic movie.
I didn't hear the intros at the start but I think he was the man - he sounded good.

Always rated the blockheads as good musicians - great sound

 
Well, Andy youre in for a treat.What a gig, what an atmosphere! Never seen so many portly balding mid 40s bloke dancing badly in one place before!!!

Utterly brilliant. Skinhead Moonstomp will knock you out.
What a gig.. Great laugh.. 40's fat middle age blokes, kicking half tonne of cr*p out of each other, proper dancing ! :(

Certainly took my mind off events elsewhere !

 
Doing two gigs at the Enmore in Sydney in late July - going to the 2nd - can't wait.

 
Just relased today is a cracking Ska box set. 54 tracks and not a bad price on Amazon at a tenner
Some pretty good stuff, but as far as I'm concerned it's blasphemous to do a ska box set with nothing by either Jackie Mittoo or the Skatalites.

Doing two gigs at the Enmore in Sydney in late July - going to the 2nd - can't wait.
I have some tickets for their first night here, should be a good laugh.

 
now how good was that. i had a horrible feeling they were going to bomb at galstonbury but they were absolutely fantastic. so good im now going to see them at bridlington. even my wife loved them, and she had no idea who they were, but she had heard ghost town.

 
Saw the Specials first time round at Hastings, they'd been on the local news before banging on about the party atmos at their gigs and how they love people dancing on stage with them, so it was a bit odd that when a couple of people did get up on stage they stopped the gig until the stage was cleared, indeed it seemed to be any excuse to get off stage and eff off back to Brum.

They've got a few half decent tunes but I thought they were a massive disappointment, that Terry Hall's a humourless twat too!

Bad Manners, Selecter, Beat or Madness for me.

 
Their gig at the Enmore last Tuesday in Sydney was absolutely fantastic, a good time was had by all.

 
Probably the best thread for this. Just relased today is a cracking Ska box set. 54 tracks and not a bad price on Amazon at a tennerhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Ska-Mania-Various-...ks_all_1#disc_1

Probably not of interest if you are a big Ska fan and have a lof of this stuff anyway but a good box set if you want to get into it a bit more.
Following on Loz's line The old "Reggae Charbusters series Vol-1 to 6" are just about to be re-released on CD (If you have the old vinyl I think the price is starting to rise).

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top