This is what I've been listening to, what about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To prove I'm not a complete Francophobe, this is one of my favourite non soul / reggae albums:

418G92JYT9L._AA240_.jpg


Another little illusion-shatter is that I have been known to play a fair bit of Dylan. Desire was the first Dylan album I ever bought:

417PADXVMZL._AA240_.jpg


followed by Blood On The Tracks which was the first of many excursions into Dylan's back catalogue.

31RT72FSAPL._AA240_.jpg


 
I am quite fond of classical music but I just seem to have a total inability to differentiate between different composers. You see people who can listen to a few seconds of music and be able to either know who composed it or at least nail it down to one from two or three.

I can listen to the same piece umpteen times yet ask me what it is called or who composed it and I am clueless. Basically I have quite a few classical CDs and I just fire them on now and again and listen to them but am to lazy to get off my rear end and learn what each piece is.

I do know that I like Albinoni's 'Adagio in G minor' a lot but that is one of the few I know by name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4dpbk8YBs

 
oh and the other one is Barber's 'Adagio for Strings' which is probably familiar to a lot of people because it was the main piece of music used in Platoon.


 
What I've been listening to lately is Polish band Coma. Probably no point in posting clips here as they sing in Polish, but I'll do it anyway :-)


 
But to someone who likes the metal sound and also classical music songs like the one I posted can be quite good, or atleast interesting. Mixing two different kinds of music isn't always a bad thing.
If you haven't already, have a listen to Yngwie Malmsteen's Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E flat minor Op.1

Yeah it's a really long title.
icon_lol.gif


I won't go into what I've been listening to all along, but I only recently saw the name Good Charlotte. Dance Floor Anthem has been playing on me iPod everyday.
259.gif


 
Went to see The Police in concert last night (NIA Birmingham) have to say that they were great. The place was packed and they kept everyone on their feet for more than 2 hours.

recomended.

 
Going through some of my old vinyl and rediscovered The Oldham Tinkers (and I don't mean so-called utd supporters). Check out Oldham's Burning Sands and For Old Times Sake, some classic old (and newish) English folk, great song about the Peterloo massacre in 1819 at St. Peter's Field Manchester...

 
An almost forgotten classic from a hugely influential band, one of the most underrated bands of all time. Nothing to do with the title, this is just a great album, yet another one I used to have on vinyl and repurchased on CD: The Members: At The Chelsea Nightclub

51RJJS6145L._AA240_.jpg


And now for something completely different. An Italian model singing en Francais, wonderfully laid back and very, very sexy. Carla Bruni: Quelqu'un m'a dit

41TRWVPNCPL._AA240_.jpg


And another from Ms Bruni, but this time singing in English: Carla Bruni: No Promises

51moyLNsCML._AA240_.jpg


 
Man I am right across the board as to what I am listening to right now!

Led Zep, BBC Sessions

Soundtrack of our Lives, Behind the Music

Never mind the bollox

Nick Drake, A treasury

The vines, Highly Evolved

James Brown, Super Bad

Right accross the board, but I got a 6 disk CD player in the car, and like to keep it varied. This will all have changed by next week I am sure

Scott

 
Last couple of days I've been listening to: -

Parliament Funkadelic

Rufus

The Staples Singers

Squeeze

Thin Lizzy

The Knack

Dennis Brown

Molly Hatchet

Babe Ruth

The Marshall Tucker Band

The Twinkle Brothers

This is mainly because I'm still compiling my Late 70's collection!
icon_lol.gif


 
I know, I know. But to someone who likes the metal sound and also classical music songs like the one I posted can be quite good, or atleast interesting. Mixing two different kinds of music isn't always a bad thing. Sure, many attemps have been quite rubbish, but some turn out okay.But the originals is almost always the best.
I dunno who here is familiar with these bands, but i've really been getting into Lacuna Coil, The Birthday Massacre and Theatre or Tragedy recently

 
Recently bought the excellent album "Say It Ain't So" by Murray Head, after my cassette copy finally bit the dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTt9B70fc8

This title track brings back happy memories of The Mitre pub in Tooting - it was constantly playing on the jukebox in the mid 70's
icon_cool.gif


 
BB, Lofty and Mike O (or anyone else for that matter)

I'm trying to re-create an album I had years and years ago, it was called The Original Funk Soul Brothers and Sisters. I have most of the tracks already, but am short of a few.

It looks like [web][/web]

have any of you got any of the following?

Mavis Staples - Koochie Koochie Koochie

The Last Poets - The When The Revolution Comes

Aaron Neville - Hercules

Ohio Players - Trespassin'

Maceo & All The King's Men - Funky Women

Lightnin' Rod With Kool And The Gang - Sport

Joe Tex - You Said A Bad Word

I would be eternally grateful for any of them, can't find these on any download sites.

Cheers

Kev

PS - the rest of the tracks that I've already got are

#James Brown - Cold Sweat

#Funkadelic - (Not Just) Knee Deep (Part 1)

#Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead

#The Meters - Handclapping Soul

#Sly Stone - Can't Nickname The Truth

#Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - The Bottle

#Earth, Wind & Fire - In The Stone

#First Choice - Armed And Extremely Dangerous

#Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street (Part 2)

And I'm adding Gil Scott Heron - The Revolution Will Not be Televised just because I love it so so much

 
I always said you were a right gentleman BB!

I'll speak to you later

Kev

 
Recently bought the excellent album "Say It Ain't So" by Murray Head, after my cassette copy finally bit the dust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTt9B70fc8

This title track brings back happy memories of The Mitre pub in Tooting - it was constantly playing on the jukebox in the mid 70's
icon_cool.gif
Didnt know you were a Broadway boy - I used to go to the Mitre too but mainly the Castle

 
Didnt know you were a Broadway boy - I used to go to the Mitre too but mainly the Castle
I was a Mitcham boy, but I used to go to Tooting occasionally for a bit of glamour
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif


Apart from the Mitre, I used to get in the Fountain, Trafalgar, Castle, Horse & Groom & Railway Bell. Also used to drink in Croydon, Streatham, Sutton, Carshalton, Morden, Wimbledon, Colliers Wood, Battersea, Wandsworth & Fulham, plus of course, the obligatory pub crawl of the West End now and then - but most of the time I stayed in Mitcham - there were 29 pubs there back in those days!
drinkdrunk.gif


 
Didnt know you were a Broadway boy - I used to go to the Mitre too but mainly the Castle
I was a Mitcham boy, but I used to go to Tooting occasionally for a bit of glamour
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif


Apart from the Mitre, I used to get in the Fountain, Trafalgar, Castle, Horse & Groom & Railway Bell. Also used to drink in Croydon, Streatham, Sutton, Carshalton, Morden, Wimbledon, Colliers Wood, Battersea, Wandsworth & Fulham, plus of course, the obligatory pub crawl of the West End now and then - but most of the time I stayed in Mitcham - there were 29 pubs there back in those days!
drinkdrunk.gif
My first job was on the Willow Lane Ind Estate - ?16.60pw- the only other times I went to Mitcham was for the Footie and the Chippy on the Green apart from a few involuntary visits to the nick on Amen Corner. When I first met my wife she lived on Spencer Road

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top