Timo Werner

How is that possible, in his first season he played so much and barely managed to score 6 PL goals, Tammy played much less and had the same tally so at least one season this simply can't be...

We play in several competitions, Cups etc etc ... that one with the big ears .. he scored a few in that one as I recall ... it's not just about the PL 🙂 

 
Good decision to leave. Shows integrity and respect. Leaving for less money and the message to us all.  Good luck to him, I hope it works out for him back in Germany 

 
So this is my last Post on Timo, i feel we never played him to his strengths, because how did he score 38 goals before we signed him, don't give me that Tosh, German defenders aren't as good, yes the frenetic pace of the PL is a bit overwhelming to begin with, but he looked superb at Leipzig, Werner thrived on how you saw Haaland being played through on sunday.
Maybe just maybe Tuchel isn't as good as his win rate shows, well i aint convinced we'll see "Carlo" type football under him, cos i have watched us play dire sh*te football week in week out, or the rest of the team were Crap, just feels it won't be long before he's smashing them in again at RBL....

 
For the record in 17 UCL games for Chelsea Timo Werner had 8 goals and 4  assists while never being on the losing side in any game he featured in. I always felt his skill set was suited to Europe and not the physical play of the premiership.

Farewell Amigo 
I feel this way about the whole squad to be honest. There is a bit more space to play in Europe and I think that is where our players shine. Even under Lampard and Sarri I thought our best performances were in Europe. Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic especially have been amazing in Europe, James too. I feel like all of them find it a bit tougher playing against defensive teams. Kante and Jorginho struggle the most with this because neither of them are suited to playing against teams that sit deep. 

 
I would like to wish Timo the very best of luck in his return to RBL. Until the very last, I hoped that he would prove the doubters wrong, but it was not to be. I just wish that a few of our other "fringe" players could have his attitude, work ethic and temperament to go with their undoubted ability.

So long Timo and thanks for your time at Chelsea KTBFFH !!

 
We play in several competitions, Cups etc etc ... that one with the big ears .. he scored a few in that one as I recall ... it's not just about the PL 🙂 
Still Tammy played much less and had the same number of goals?

 
So this is my last Post on Timo, i feel we never played him to his strengths, because how did he score 38 goals before we signed him, don't give me that Tosh, German defenders aren't as good, yes the frenetic pace of the PL is a bit overwhelming to begin with, but he looked superb at Leipzig, Werner thrived on how you saw Haaland being played through on sunday.
Maybe just maybe Tuchel isn't as good as his win rate shows, well i aint convinced we'll see "Carlo" type football under him, cos i have watched us play dire sh*te football week in week out, or the rest of the team were Crap, just feels it won't be long before he's smashing them in again at RBL....
hhhmm. Take your point that Tuchel is not the most attacking minded manager out there, but any comparison between Werner and Halaand is flawed IMO. 

Halaand doesn't necessarily have to have a Pep style set-up or a De Bryune type player spraying passes to him, (though of course that doesn't hurt), he will make chances out of very little himself. Unfortunately we have already seen this at Citeh. His power, pace, movement and of course, actual football technical ability is so far ahead of Werner's it's laughable. Halaand will be like Drogba and Costa. Able to bully and bulldoze his way past defenders to score goals with his physical strength. If I was to compare Werner to anyone we have had in the PL years it would be Kezman. Scored goals in a different league, had a bit of pace, tried his best, but ultimately really wasn't good enough for the EPL.

 
Still Tammy played much less and had the same number of goals?
Yes, but I was quoting goal involvements ... goals PLUS assists. Werner had great numbers for assists ! All the data is in the CHO thread if you missed it ... 

 
If I was to compare Werner to anyone we have had in the PL years it would be Kezman. Scored goals in a different league, had a bit of pace, tried his best, but ultimately really wasn't good enough for the EPL.
Kezman : 105 goals in 122 league games in the Dutch league translated to 4 goals in 25 games in the PL, including a charity penalty to get him off the mark, and then his other 3 goals were against sides that were relegated ! (and he was playing in a team with a great midfield and great wingers as well). 

Werner was better than that, but the analogy, in terms of our expectation when he was signed, is a good one.

I think Werner was more akin to Fernando Torres in his actual results.  Combine the positive characteristics of the pair of them and you've got what we thought we were paying for in both cases.

 
Back
Top