Tommy Tuchel - England Manager

These internationals are so boring.
Too right. It’s about time they abolished international football and just invited 32 (or 94) whatever it is now nations to the world cup every four years.

The best solution for fixture congestion is getting rid of it.

Nobody ever plays anything close to the best team until the tournaments anyway.

And on top of that, England’s national team is perpetually the dullest thing known to man.

Can we have proper football that people actually enjoy back now please? It was only just getting going before it stopped.

 
Too right. It’s about time they abolished international football and just invited 32 (or 94) whatever it is now nations to the world cup every four years.

The best solution for fixture congestion is getting rid of it.

Nobody ever plays anything close to the best team until the tournaments anyway.

And on top of that, England’s national team is perpetually the dullest thing known to man.

Can we have proper football that people actually enjoy back now please? It was only just getting going before it stopped.
There is a simple solution, but the likes of UEFA, FIFA and the others refuse to compromise. They could easily move all international football matches to May-June and end the club season in April. If they did this, then International managers would get to work with a squad properly instead of two weeks every few months. The two weeks they do have is pointless because players are still trying to build chemistry.

Next season it's changing, but I'm not sure it's better. Instead of having an international break in September and October, they are just going to combine both into one and play four games. This will take place between the 21st September and 6th October. So it will be 20 days until the players play another league game.

 
Tuchel is producing the exact same football he produced for us. Was effective (until he started not caring) but so very boring. I'm not sure where pundits were expecting free flowing attacking football to come from.

Anyway, I've always hated this international window, happens just when the season is starting to get into its flow and you never get a realistic view of the WC/Euro squad because you've always have so many out for injuries and 'injuries'

 
England were very good tonight. Slow start under Tuchel with performances, but he gets results.

 
A few things were reinforced for me watching that tonight.

  1. I do wish we had tried a little harder to keep hold of Livramento.
  2. I'm glad we never succumbed to the clamour from some to go after Vlahovic.
  3. I like Jared Bowen and hope he never ends up at Tottenham or Arsenal.
  4. Am I the only one who doesn't particularly rate Morgan Rogers?
 
A few things were reinforced for me watching that tonight.

  1. I do wish we had tried a little harder to keep hold of Livramento.
  2. I'm glad we never succumbed to the clamour from some to go after Vlahovic.
  3. I like Jared Bowen and hope he never ends up at Tottenham or Arsenal.
  4. Am I the only one who doesn't particularly rate Morgan Rogers?
The club really struggled with that decision for years. Even when they were coming through people realised that we had two top-class players coming through and it was a big reason why the club let go of the highly-rated Lamptey.

Agree on Rogers, I just don't see it. He is fairly industrious and athletic but lacks Palmer's touch and isn't a great goalscorer either

 
The club really struggled with that decision for years. Even when they were coming through people realised that we had two top-class players coming through and it was a big reason why the club let go of the highly-rated Lamptey.

Agree on Rogers, I just don't see it. He is fairly industrious and athletic but lacks Palmer's touch and isn't a great goalscorer either
Some fans wanted us to drop £80m+ on him this summer. His performances have been very poor for Villa, and he is a prime reason why they are at the bottom of the table

 
Back
Top