- Messages
- 22,720
- Reaction score
- 6,606
At the moment Guillermo del Toro (who could well be the finest director since G4 picked up a lump of plasticine and thought 'cheap remake') is working on The Hobbit with, slightly strangely, Peter Jackson working on the screenplay. Now I can't say this disappoints me because as much as I enjoyed Jackson's Lord of the Rings Trilogy I am in no doubt that del Toro is as suited to Tolkien as I am to a bottle of Highland Park that someone else paid for.
However what I have heard is a rumour that one year after the Hobbit comes out (scheduled for 2011) there is to be a Hobbit 2 (which must surely be a working title). I can only imagine that it is simply a case of the story being split in two however I think I dread that as I am not convinced that would work. Having said that I hate the idea of the Hobbit being reduced to a two hour film. I would much rather see a four hour film than two films released over the course of 12 months but I realise that box office doesn't like that idea.
Anyway what I am getting at is have I heard this rumour wrong or has anyone else heard the same thing (or able to confirm it).
Having said all that I must say that del Toro making the Hobbit practically guarantees a masterpiece so I am more than happy to wait a year between films.
However what I have heard is a rumour that one year after the Hobbit comes out (scheduled for 2011) there is to be a Hobbit 2 (which must surely be a working title). I can only imagine that it is simply a case of the story being split in two however I think I dread that as I am not convinced that would work. Having said that I hate the idea of the Hobbit being reduced to a two hour film. I would much rather see a four hour film than two films released over the course of 12 months but I realise that box office doesn't like that idea.
Anyway what I am getting at is have I heard this rumour wrong or has anyone else heard the same thing (or able to confirm it).
Having said all that I must say that del Toro making the Hobbit practically guarantees a masterpiece so I am more than happy to wait a year between films.
Last edited by a moderator: