Ukash Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedpensioner

I know everything & you know nothing!
Messages
4,605
Reaction score
1,022
I have this Virus on my laptop, I've printed off some info in how to delete this using Maleware software, do any of the computer genius's on here have any other tips?

Can't believe that it got past my Norton anti-virus!

 
Can't believe that it got past my Norton anti-virus!
I can Norton is rubbish!

Try this

1. Restart your computer to 'Safe Mode with Networking' with a help of F8 button;

2. Launch MSConfig and disable all startup entries rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;

3. Restart the system once again

4. Scan your computer with a anti-spyware program to remove infected files from the system.

Found this on this website http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-ukash-virus.html

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can too because Norton is dogsh*t. Do what Benji said using "Microsoft Security Essentials" and "Spybot S&D" software. Remember to update them before restarting in safe mode.

 
I use Microsoft Security Essentials myself and have never had issues with it. I used AVG for a long time also which is also good.

But Norton I recommend getting rid!

 
I'm not that up to speed with computer stuff, just bought what was recomended!

 
Agreed that Norton is dogsh*t. I would remove that quickly. Not only does it do a below average job of virus detection/removal, but it's also a resource hog.

Microsoft Security Essentials and Comodo Internet Security are both free and both are decent. I like the Comodo firewall that comes with Comodo IS and actually run both on my son's computer just to have extra protection. He also has Spybot S&D and I use Malware Bytes (the free version) as a backup.

Get one of those AV/IS suites and Spybot S&D or Malware Bytes and you'll be good to go for the future.

 
I've used Norton for a year now and it's been great for me. Loads better than F-secure which I used to have.

 
I use Comodo kit too Arq, great software.

 
Virus is all gone, internet is running a bit slow though (bt infinity) any further suggestions?

 
Virus is all gone, internet is running a bit slow though (bt infinity) any further suggestions?
I'll assume for a minute that you're talking about browsing.

If you're using IE, stop. Even IE 9 is still mediocre at best. Grab the latest Firefox or Chrome. Once you get a different browser, do a search for AdBlock for that browser and install it. You'll thank me later.

Otherwise, clear your browsing history. Purge all cookies, stored passwords, temp internet files, everything. Every page you go back to will store files into your temp folder to allow for cached refreshes later on. This is normal, but it'll help to clean out your system if you remove all of that from the start.

I would highly recommend, if you haven't done it, to grab Spybot and/or MalwareBytes and do a full system scan for bloatware and malware. And I'll also assume you've already done a full AV scan of some sort and you've come up clean?

 
Ccleaner is great at cleaning up the garbage on your system. Try grabbing Defraggler too to defrag the memory, can speed a pc up massively. Do a general tidy up first, uninstall all the programmes you dont use etc.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top