It did.I do have to just sit back and laugh at all these sites participating in the blackout, you would think sites like Wikipedia would have more sense than that. Yes, shutting up and cutting yourself off from outside communication with millions of other people is a fantastic way to "raise awareness."
Also irony at it's finest, someone already has come up with an extension to bypass the blackouts http://techpp.com/20...a-restrictions/
A message of solidarity intended to fight Government's crackdown on hackers and script kiddies...is overridden by hackers and script kiddies, awesome work guys. That blackout message really got through.
This site would be shut down the second anyone complained about your avatar, which you're using without permission. Mine too. All of ours. Never mind the photos, videos etc. which appear here.The "crackdown" is aimed more at protecting copyrights isn't it? Blocking access to and taking down websites who contain copyrighted material? I didn't think it really had anything to do with "hacking".
If a link is posted, yes, they could remove access to the site.Theres a section if this forum dedicated to streaming matches, this woulda be enough for it to be shut down under this bill, if I'm reading it correctly.
Gonna disagree with you, ThunderDan. Big money in Hollywood almost got this legislation passed without a hint of opposition. Congress was well greased with close to $100 million, I understand. PIPA sailed through a Senate committe without a single dissenting vote.I'm beginning to suspect that this is about a hugely lucrative indusrty (motion pictures) which sees free online movie viewing as inevitable and damaging to their bottom line. Big money will always find legislators to write up their proposals and see if it flies. You guys may not like alot that comes out of the USA, but our system of checks and balances between executive/legislative/judicial branches assures that bad law gets struck down. Most of the time it works, certainly it's working here.
I was going to do it on hereBTW Wikipedia's shutdown is starting to annoy me I keep forgetting its on and looking something up and getting the same message.
Just to stop a day's worth of stupid rumours, daily mail copy-and-pastes, Torres bashing and random tweets from idiots! Then I realised we're all suckers for punishment!