Valentin Barco our Ginger Argentinian

I thought bar the mistake for the second goal that he was pretty good last night.

I think he'll complement Caicedo well in midfield, and he gets stuck in.

 
Could do with a couple more inches but who here hasn't dreamed of same?
200.gif


 
He didnt do himself any harm last night. Looks a useful player. I hope Alonso makes good use of him especially when we are without Caicedo.
I actually thought he was culpable for the first two goal. Fannying around near our own byline, slips over and knocks the ball out for a corner. This eventually result in the corner that they score from (although i will also concede that Penders looked like he was doing a Kepa impression of tracking the ball through the air instead of trying to come for it and naturally the pussy Gusto failed to make any form of attempt of a challenge at the back post). Then for the second he again did some overly fussy turns back into trouble and lost the ball, resulting in the goal (although again James was ball watching).

So on 48 minutes, i was fuming. Get the tw@t off the pitch. However by the end, because we were flying he had a solid game, scored a goal, got an assist (!) and kept us moving. On balance i think he did alright and would again be one of those performing well as part of a better group. Not ready to be the main player in a more second string line up though.

 
I think that this kind of sums up the issue when you make 9 changes and field a team that is not familiar and contains players that have so little first team football that they perhaps try too hard to impress and end up cocking things up.

I think if he does manage a few more games beyond the league cup, he could achieve cult status at the Bridge.

 
Mistakes aside, he needs a proper midfield partner - he can't control midfield on his own and is more of a passer. But that's good, I hear it's an important part of the game. Should work well with Caicedo, not really sure about how it'll be with Lavia. I see why he wouldn't be trusted yet with a game like Arsenal, but hopefully in time. Leeds are a very tall and physical team.

 
I was not a fan of him during the signing but he has done well when given a chance. He works best in a midfield 3, no way should he be used in a midfield 2 without someone like Kante as a partner

 
How does Gusto keep getting picked ahead of this guy?
Or anyone else come to that. As well as having the facial characteristics and hair of a cocker spaniel he must also be similarly soft mouthed!

 
Came on, played a lovely long pass into the box to Estevao which should have resulted in a goal and then proceeded to lose the ball twice in his own half.

I like Barco a lot so I would still play him and hope he irons out those mistakes cause what he offers going forward can make up for it with a better CM/defence around him.

 
He's definitely got something about him, but he's not the answer to our problems just yet although I still think we'd be better off starting him alongside Lavia

 
Came on, played a lovely long pass into the box to Estevao which should have resulted in a goal and then proceeded to lose the ball twice in his own half.

I like Barco a lot so I would still play him and hope he irons out those mistakes cause what he offers going forward can make up for it with a better CM/defence around him.
I want him in a midfield three behind Rogers, Palmer and Pedro.

I guess it's James-Lavia-Barco by default until Caicedo rescues us.

 
Belongs in a midfield 3, he's short ginger Jorginho with a better engine

 
He has some positives but he is pushed off the ball way too easily. Makes Estevao look like Granit Xhaka.

 
He has some positives but he is pushed off the ball way too easily. Makes Estevao look like Granit Xhaka.
Thing is though Alonso isn’t helping him. Paired him with Watson midweek and had him at 6 with Watson at 8. Looked better when James came on and he move further forward. You would think he would make a mental note of this, made the same mistake again v Hull. James was playing as the 8 while he was left playing the 6 role.

Wouldn’t be too worried about the physical part, he will need a while to get used to the physical side of the PL.

 
He has some positives but he is pushed off the ball way too easily. Makes Estevao look like Granit Xhaka.
Get used to it. He will regularly lose out in those 50-50s and shoulder to shoulder battles because he is 5'6" and probably 10 1/2 stone soaking wet. And a good percentage of that 10 1/2 stone is his hair. Safe to say he isn't the sort of physical specimen Arteta would put in his midfield.

BUT, he looks like something we need. Good touch, good passing, gets stuck in despite regularly getting beat up, doesn't mind a bit of sh*t-housing and wants the ball all the time. OK, he isn't Kante, but then who the f**k is? But maybe he could be our own Argentinian Billy Bremner.

 
Get used to it. He will regularly lose out in those 50-50s and shoulder to shoulder battles because he is 5'6" and probably 10 1/2 stone soaking wet. And a good percentage of that 10 1/2 stone is his hair. Safe to say he isn't the sort of physical specimen Arteta would put in his midfield.

BUT, he looks like something we need. Good touch, good passing, gets stuck in despite regularly getting beat up, doesn't mind a bit of sh*t-housing and wants the ball all the time. OK, he isn't Kante, but then who the f**k is? But maybe he could be our own Argentinian Billy Bremner.
Fair assessment. In fairness to him he wasn't helped by being sold some awful passes during the time he was on the field.

 
Back
Top