what all in one security is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you rate Kaspersky? I ask because I've switched from Comodo to Kaspersky IS which I get free with online banking.
See my post (#7) above. Doesn't seem as good as McAfee to me, but it seems pretty well thought of.

 
See my post (#7) above. Doesn't seem as good as McAfee to me, but it seems pretty well thought of.
Sorry I managed to miss that... all I can say is it seems ok so far. I've never rated McAfee, but each to his own. I've also got Malware-Bytes for added security, but only the free version which doesn't run in the background, only on demand.

 
Well got Norton 2011 security on now and while its early days yet it seams ok and its simple to use and understand.as for McAfee tried to uninstall it you have download a tool to make sure you get ride of all McAfee?

 
Highly recommend MSE. Built-in with Win 7 I believe, works very well and is extremely lightweight and unintrusive.

 
Does it scan incoming emails too?

 
Don't think so, although the protection would kick in once you open a malicious email. What application are you using to view your emails?

 
Am using Thunderbird along with AVG but am going to give MSE a whirl as have heard nothing but good stories about it.

I can then also see if AVG really does slow a system that much.

 
Am using Thunderbird along with AVG but am going to give MSE a whirl as have heard nothing but good stories about it.

I can then also see if AVG really does slow a system that much.
I used to have AVG. It wasn't so much that it would put a heavy strain on resources, it was bad because it was too intrusive. It would interfere with some of my games to the point that they would be unplayable. Also a pain to shut down so I could play for a while (don't need virus protection when playing a game anyway).

Anyways, if you're on TBird, you might want to think twice about MSE then. There are reports it will slow down TBird when a virus is detected - can't post the link to the Google results for "mse and thunderbird" so you'll have to do it yourself. However, most of those articles are at least a year old, and the product is constantly updated (at least once a month), so things could be different.

Since you are using Thunderbird, it will be able to detect viruses. I believe Thunderbird will download the emails onto your computer to a specific directory, just make sure MSE is analyzing that directory and you should be fine. I personally just use a browser for my email and GMail handles almost everything on its own.

 
Thanks for your advice mate, am giving it a go and will look into the Thunderbird thing.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top