What Console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mod

A Touchable
Staff member
Messages
19,157
Reaction score
8,764
So say I have a few hundred in my pocket and going to go get a new console? What one do I buy?

I'm drawn to the 360 because had a xbox for years now and there seems to be a lot more you can with it in terms of hardware B)

Although a Wii maybe seems a bit more fun?

And what of the PS3, how does that compare to the Xbox 360?

 
PS3 for Blue Ray.

360 for better action games and more serious games and better online games.

Wii for family fun games

Thats what i think anyway B)

I have a 360 and Wii.

Most of the PS3 games come out for 360 anyway. I know people who just got the PS3 for blu ray because it was the cheapest blu ray player around.

 
I found some games on the original xbox graphics seemed smoother to the PS2, is it the same with the newer ones, or they both identical with graphics?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The PS3 had smoother graphics because of the HDMI, But now with the 360 Elite having HDMI it is about the same.

 
Don't waste your money, Mod! Use it wisely instead:

429_S-Malt.jpg


 
I'd say go with the 360, loads of great games and polished online play. The Wii is great fun but you're not going to get the BIG games on it.

The graphical difference between the 360 and PS3 is negligible, especially now all 360s come with HDMI.

If you do go for the 360, go for one with a hard drive, as Microsoft are updating Dashboard soon and you'll need the space.

 
Cheers for the info lads.

Anywhere cheap online to grab one with the hard drive?

 
Ignore my advice at your peril, young Mod!

 
If it's not good advice, I don't listen moi :D

I'm not really a drinker, so it doesn't really appeal to me.

Cheers for the link Benji, is the Premium version different because of the Hard Drive?

 
Defo the 360 mate, if you have a HD TV make the most of it with the elite, graphics are stunning and the graphics refresh rate of the 360 is actually faster, so the PS3 can stutter with the graphics from time to time, not to mention the better titles on the 360, and more online players..

 
If it's not good advice, I don't listen moi :D I'm not really a drinker, so it doesn't really appeal to me.

Cheers for the link Benji, is the Premium version different because of the Hard Drive?
Yeah the Premium version is the one that comes with a hard drive. The £129 is just the standard 360.

So when you are looking look for the premium or Elite 360s.

Oh and don't forget to buy Fable 2 when it comes out! The game looks great and if you played the first one on the xbox you will love Fable 2.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not good advice, I don't listen moi :P
MOI? Give bad advice????? :D

You waste your money while you can! No point hanging on to it - it just disappears anyway!

 
I waste money even before I get it moi!

Benji, is Elite with HDMI, and premium has that on there anyway?

 
I was considering getting either the Xbox or PS3... I want to play either FIFA or Pro Evo.

I bought the Nintendo Wii to cheer me up when I went through a bit of a rough patch recently and it just sits there gathering dust... so although I do want a new toy, I can't justify spending the amount of money on it.

However, I would opt for the PS3, simply because Sony are reliable.

 
All XBox 360's come with HDMI ports now, even the Arcade version which I own.
all 360`s do have hdmi, but only the elite has true HD capabilities. plus the arcade doesnt have a hard disk though you can get one fairly cheap. if you can afford it go for the elite, simply because you get the HD gaming experience, which is fantastic.

 
What are the best games at the moment for the 360?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top