Which iPod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get an iPod touch, I've got the 16gb version and it's first class.

Have a look on the site for all things iPod: http://www.ilounge.com/ their buyers guide is well worth a download.

By the way iTunes isn't crap.

 
Well, it's not actually iTunes, it's the way it over complicates things to put songs onto an iPod. I had the task of putting a load of songs onto a friends iPod as they didn't have iTunes, and it took years. The inability to change MP3 formats to whatever the iPod format is was incredible.

 
Loz. To use an iPod you need to convert all your CD's to digital on your computer. You can then sync the iPod with iTunes (a free program that manages all your music).

However, from what you have been saying an iPod is not the answer to your problem. It is primarily designed to allow you to take your music with you when you are on the move. 90% of the time you'll listen via headphones. It is possible to hook it up in the car and to external speakers as well if you want.

I'm a confirmed Apple fan boy so I think they are great and can be used for podcasts, photos and video as well as just music.

If you want to save space at home then you will have to digitise your collection one way or another. If you already have a decent hi fi system then it is fairly easy to hook up your computer using something like a squeezebox or airport express provided your system has an aux input. Both of these rely on a wireless network.

So iPod's are great but probably not what you are looking for.

 
Nahh. Napster for me :D

I just find it over-complicates the easiest of tasks. Why won't it let you drag and drop songs for example?

 
After all that all the shops were sold out of ipods! Still thinking of getting one just for listening to on the way to work and back and may get a docking station at some point in the future.

 
Be warned: The new iPod Nano (what I would go for if I were you) do not play on the older (and not that much older I tell you) docking stations. You really need to double check whatever one you get allows its, a lot of my mates have come unstuck.

 
I got my first ipod mid November, its the ipod Classic and I've got to say I think it's crap. You can't shuffle on play lists - you put a number of songs in one file but you can only play them in order, which is crap. You can't load tunes from another persons itunes - you have to sync your ipod which means you either take everything from someone elses itunes or you take nothing, probably not a problem for most people but it means you cant share your downloads with freinds/family.

It's just too rigid for my liking.

 
Me, being the MP3 guy, has to say that the iPod Touch/iPhone is brilliant. That is all.

 
I got my first ipod mid November, its the ipod Classic and I've got to say I think it's crap. You can't shuffle on play lists - you put a number of songs in one file but you can only play them in order, which is crap. You can't load tunes from another persons itunes - you have to sync your ipod which means you either take everything from someone elses itunes or you take nothing, probably not a problem for most people but it means you cant share your downloads with freinds/family.It's just too rigid for my liking.
I bought the Classic fairly recently too, and rate it quite highly. If you select 'shuffle' for your playlist(s) in i-Tunes before syncing them to the i-Pod, then the tracks should be playable in shuffle mode.

 
Be warned: The new iPod Nano (what I would go for if I were you) do not play on the older (and not that much older I tell you) docking stations. You really need to double check whatever one you get allows its, a lot of my mates have come unstuck.
The new Ipod Touch is the same, My Kids have had to have new Docking Stations aswell...bit of a con really I think.

 
The new Ipod Touch is the same, My Kids have had to have new Docking Stations aswell...bit of a con really I think.
is that right? thats an utter disgrace and totally unnecessary. surely the new ipods could easily be backwards compatible. total rip off.

 
is that right? thats an utter disgrace and totally unnecessary. surely the new ipods could easily be backwards compatible. total rip off.
Yeah it surpried me, I thought My Daughter was trying to con another new one out of me but it really wouldn't work..

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top