Who will shine the most this season??

Status
Not open for further replies.
you missed eidur on that list of yours.and, on occaision, cole.
hmm..................I remember Eidur playing mostly up front that season and only at the end did he play a few games as a midfielder. Joey either mostly came on as a sub or wasnt very good in that role.

 
you missed eidur on that list of yours.and, on occaision, cole.
hmm..................I remember Eidur playing mostly up front that season and only at the end did he play a few games as a midfielder. Joey either mostly came on as a sub or wasnt very good in that role.
He played there as a midfielder most of the time after the Carling Cup final - the last three months of the season, essentially. Including the Barca win, the Bayern win . . .

 
I think it will be Ballack because we already have a world class player whop plays his position. He will be out to establish himself. Sheva will also have a great season but I dont think he has the same incentive as Ballack does. When we speak of Sheva its always in the context of who will we play up fornt with him. When we mention Ballack its more in the vein of Ballack or Lampard , since they are so similar.

 
I really hope one of our young players shines, so i picked Obi Mikel, imagine if he plays like robben did when he came back from injury 2 years ago...just another great young talent we could rub in Manure's face!

 
I think Ballack has what it takes to storm the Premiership, it gives a good opportunity to rest Frank here and there abut I like the thought of them in the same team, Ballack is good in the air and I can see a lot of goals again from midfield, thats good for us as Drogs could have a better season and Sheva just makes it about the most exciting team we have had for a while....if they all can be kept happy and having a good run in all competitions could help as we will get to try a lot of permutations.

 
I voted Sheva. I think that with the differing skills that all our other strikers offer his style of play will be different alongside each of them. He is acknowledged as one of if not the best striker of our generation and will bamboozle defences with his genius. With the Italian situation I think Hernans possibly going to stay(I hope) and I can't wait to see him and Sheva together like at Milan. Above all else I reckon that he'll give us that goal poacher that I feel we have lacked.

Now go ahead Jose and play 4-5-1 and blow away my hard thought theory.
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
Including the Barca win, the Bayern win . . .
He really impressed against Barca then, and last season as well... Too bad he plays for them now. Would not fancy meeting them in the Champions League with him playing! He was our best player against Barca, one of the reasons they bought him.

I chose Ballack to impress next season, because I think he will be looking to prove himself to be as amazing as Lamps, and because he has the skills and style of play to easily adapt to English football.

However, I would love for Kalou or Obi Mikel to be amazing, just to show everyone how we are not becoming another galactico club, that we can sign amazing young talent.

 
G4, is Gullit going in for a snog on your avatar? Very homo-erotic! Of all the Gullit pics available...

What happened to that fantastic Wicker Man pic?

 
Ballack will have a greater impact i think, adding to our already strong midfield.

 
i voted for mikel, got a feeling if he gets in because of injuries then he may be hard to shift.

 
Voted for Mikel too. If he get's his chance then he may very well grab it with both hands. For those of you who have'nt had the chance to see the latest Chelsea Magazine, there is quite a good interview with him. Other players and coaches talk about his strength in going box to box, elegance, power and the ability to play the killer pass...

Sounds promising. 8)

 
if you had seen duff for ireland and duff for chelsea you would notice that for chelsea he had been instructed to retain the ball rather than take risks (as he did for ROI). which eventually sapped away his form. jose needs to let duff do own thing- he is an intellgent enough player to know how to strike a balance.
I dont agree, and I know all of us had a mammoth discussion about this on the CSR .. i remember that 8 page topic.

I agree that Duff looks more confident when playing for ROI and moves quicker and does his job.

I also agree that Jose had asked all the wide players to keep one eye on the defensive part and not foolishy bomb forward all the time.

But, Duffs failure last season to beat players was not down to Jose, it was down to himself. I dont know what it is, you dont and I dont think anyone knows the truth. But to say that Jose asked Duff not to venture forward and thus we never saw Duffer beat a man is BS. How is it that Robben, SWP and Joey could move up, beat players, attack and defend - while Duff clearly looked the most confused outa the 4 when attacking. He moved up, stopped and passed to Lamps.

I dont know what it was, maybe he was just not comfortable. Perhaps afraid that he would not be able to pull it off or just not interested maybe.

Whatever the reason, im sure he was low in confidence .when he played for us and its not right to say that his failure last season was 100% due to Jose.

 
Brian M wrote:

G4, is Gullit going in for a snog on your avatar? Very homo-erotic! Of all the Gullit pics available... What happened to that fantastic Wicker Man pic?
it was a shade too big for this forum and I had deleted it from my harddrive. could get it back, but ruud and roberto came calling...

it may return at a later date however.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top