Who's going to win the World Cup?

Who will become World Champions?

  • Brazil

    Votes: 28 35.0%
  • Croatia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mexico

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameroon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Netherlands

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chile

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Colombia

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Greece

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ivory Coast

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Japan

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Uruguay

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • England

    Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Italy

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Switzerland

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • France

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Argentina

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Nigeria

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Germany

    Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Portugal

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghana

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • USA

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Belgium

    Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Russia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Korea

    Votes: 1 1.3%

  • Total voters
    80
Status
Not open for further replies.

PloKoon13

I don't like that kind of talk
Messages
26,071
Reaction score
13,726
It is finally that time again - the world's greatest sporting spectacle* is back with a vengeance and should prove to be more competitive than ever. Some veritable footballing titans will go head-to-head, and people worldwide are asking the question - who will win?

Will Brazil pull it together on home soil?

Will Spain maintain their dominance and solidify their status as one of the all-time great international sides?

Will Germany finally fulfill their potential?

Will Argentina find a way to combine Messi, Tevez and Aguero into an almighty attacking force?

Will France be rejuvenated by their close shave in qualifying?

Will England... never mind.

So what will it be?

Batty_dejected-001.jpg


or...

blue3.jpg


So who do you think will win the World Cup?**

If you need some help, here is a World Cup predictor: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10501412/World-Cup-2014-Wallchart-Predictor-Game.html

*I'm sure some would argue that this would be the Olympics... or even the Super Bowl. Those people are sadly misguided and should be treated with sympathy rather than scorn.

**Unfortunately there is a maximum of 25 options for any poll question - I had to leave Australia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Ecuador off the poll - no offence intended to anyone from any of those countries.

 
I'd tip Germany, I think Spain aren't the force they were 4 years ago and I think it's too soon for Brazil.

I already feel bad for Oscar and Luiz who are going to come under enormous scrutiny of any mistake they make.

 
I'm going for Brazil, the home advantage, with crowds behind them I think they can do it. 

Spain are always going to be in the running but I think their International dominance will be broken this year. 

The Germans are always likely to have a good run but do they have a striker good enough to lead the line for them? 

Argentina's defense will let them down and I think Italy lack over all quality in their squad. 

England? Quarter final exit on penalties beckons. 

 
Hard to look past Brazil on their home soil, they have the added bonus of keeping some Chelsea boys in the competition which is nice to watch.

Argentina would be my next choice.

 
Brazil for me, home advantage I think will be massive as long as they don't get carried away with it and freeze.

Germany are also a good shout and I'd like to see Belgium have a good run to the semis.

 
I'm going for Brazil, the home advantage, with crowds behind them I think they can do it. 

Spain are always going to be in the running but I think their International dominance will be broken this year. 

The Germans are always likely to have a good run but do they have a striker good enough to lead the line for them? 

Argentina's defense will let them down and I think Italy lack over all quality in their squad. 

England? Quarter final exit on penalties beckons. 
If we make it out of our group i'll be thoroughly surprised. If we finish with 4 points then we've exceeded my expectations.

 
If we make it out of our group i'll be thoroughly surprised. If we finish with 4 points then we've exceeded my expectations.
I think we will beat Costa Rica and draw against Italy and Uruguay making us finish 2nd in the group.

England aren't a terrible international side, we have quite a good record against a lot of big sides but have always lacked the creativity and ruthlessness in attack to dominate.  

 
I think we will beat Costa Rica and draw against Italy and Uruguay making us finish 2nd in the group.

England aren't a terrible international side, we have quite a good record against a lot of big sides but have always lacked the creativity and ruthlessness in attack to dominate.  
We'll see, however Italy's squad is far, far superior to ours. Then again their slow build up play might suit us, we're more likely to get undone by a quick counter attacking team like Uruguay.

 
England are going home at the first hurdle, and it will be hilarious.
Why would it be hilarious ?

Spain going out at the first hurdle would be hilarious.

I hate all this England bashing, i find it pathetic that any English football fan would want their national team to fail. We must be the only nation in the world who thinks this way.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see past Brazil, at home, to be honest.

Belgium for the win! FTW

 
I've got a feeling Argentina, I don't know why I've got a strong sense tingling in my toes (that could be the diabetes). Brazil must be favourites, surely? Especially after thumping Spain in the Confederations Cup; but Argentina's attack is gonna take some stopping.. As someone has mentioned; Messi, Aguero & Tevez.. Quality!

Fair play, someone's voted for USA, love the optimism! :biggrin:

 
I've got a feeling Argentina, I don't know why I've got a strong sense tingling in my toes (that could be the diabetes). Brazil must be favourites, surely? Especially after thumping Spain in the Confederations Cup; but Argentina's attack is gonna take some stopping.. As someone has mentioned; Messi, Aguero & Tevez.. Quality!

Fair play, someone's voted for USA, love the optimism! :biggrin:
Imagine Argentina winning on Brazil's turf, it would be pretty funny.

 
I think Brazil are going to win. I can't see Spain winning again, they've had enough time in the spotlight. Don't rule out Belgium though, they're the dark horse of this competition, I can see Hazard having a great tournament.. As much as it pains me to admit this, we (England) don't stand a chance.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top