Who's in your Supergroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet waffle

First Team Squad
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
1
Following on from the talk about which bands you wish you'd seen live, I got to thinking about this, if you could create a supergroup who would you have in it?

Here's mine:

Drums

John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

Bass

Chris Wolstenholme (Muse)

Guiter

Slash (Guns N Roses)

Vocals

Freddie Mercury (Queen)

 
Drums

Keith Moon (The Who)

Bass

John Entwistle (The Who)

Guitar

Johnny Marr (The Smiths)

Trumpet

Miles Davis

Lead Singer

Otis Redding

 
already decided I need a bench (in case of injuries) and also for a different sound

Drums

John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

Bass

JJ Burnell (The Stranglers)

Guitar

Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd)

Lead Singer

Neil Young

 
Druma - Keith Moon
259.gif


Bass - Phil Lynott (doubling on backing vocals)

Rhythm Guitar - Chuck Berry

Dual Lead Guitar - Angus Young & Jimi Hendrix
bow.gif


Dual Vocals - Janis Joplin & Paul Rodgers

and if Loz is allowed a bench, then I'm having one too!
icon_lol.gif


Drums - Ian Paice

Bass - John Entwistle

Rhythm Guitar - Keith Richard
oldboy.gif


Dual Lead Guitar - Paul Kossoff & Roy Buchanan

Dual Vocals - Frankie Miller & John Fogerty (Creedence)

 
You have been thinking about this for a while haven't you Bluebeard - I have an image of lots of scribbled notes on the table!

Surprised to see you go with Young up there with hendrix (not saying Young isn't a class act) - much as I am not a big fan of heavy metal I was very close to putting Steve Harris in mine.

 
You have been thinking about this for a while haven't you Bluebeard - I have an image of lots of scribbled notes on the table!Surprised to see you go with Young up there with hendrix (not saying Young isn't a class act) - much as I am not a big fan of heavy metal I was very close to putting Steve Harris in mine.
Well, I was originally going for just the one line-up, but had to amend that when I saw you'd cheated
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif


There are so many great lead guitarists, past and present, it's near impossible to select just one, or even four.

 
Well, I was originally going for just the one line-up, but had to amend that when I saw you'd cheated
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif
.
icon_lol.gif


I was toying with the idea of having a first team, bench and backroom staff keeping the bar stools warm (there would have been some colourful suggestions for that mob!)

 
My choice of supergroup:

Matt Bellamy (Vocals/Guitar/Piano)

Chris Wolstenholme (Bass)

Dominic Howard (Drums)

Now if a band were created with those 3, what a group that would be..

 
My choice of supergroup:Matt Bellamy (Vocals/Guitar/Piano)

Chris Wolstenholme (Bass)

Dominic Howard (Drums)

Now if a band were created with those 3, what a group that would be..
Gem - is it possible to have a smilie with the members of Muse dropping their trousers whilst Mod crawls up behind them and offers them favours of a 'not before 11pm' nature
icon_wink.gif


 
I want in!- that would be an avatar to wear with pride!

Drums: Dave Grohl

Bass: Chris Wolstenholme

Dual Guitar: Jim Hendrix and Matt Bellamy

Vocals: Waters and Gilmour (opposing sides of the stage, with a screen between them)

Conductor (oh yes): Glenn Miller

 
Great thread and a tough one especially as you might have to leave out a lot of talented musicians.

Lead singer.....Robert Plant or Freddie Mercury

Guitar.....Johnny Marr

Drums.....Larry Mullen

Bass ....Phil Lynott

Sid Vicious and Shaun Ryder to see the drugs .

Im positive there will be another line up .

 
drums; Moon (the who)

Guitar; Jimmy Page

Bass; Jack Bruce

Singer; John Foggerty (gotta love that voice)

female singer; Aretha

 
Voice: John Lennon

Guitar: Eric Clapton

Bass: Mike Rutherford

Drums: Bill Bruford

Flute: Ian Anderson

I think John Forgerty's singing on Born on the Bayou is the finest in all rock.

 
I think John Forgerty's singing on Born on the Bayou is the finest in all rock.
Got to be one of the finest vocals around. Stevie Marriott could sing a bit too, especially with Humble Pie.

Try and find Frankie Miller singing "Take Good Care Of Yourself" - brilliant!

 
Drums Keith Moon (The Who)

Bass

John Entwistle (The Who)

Guitar

Johnny Marr (The Smiths)

Trumpet

Miles Davis

Lead Singer

Otis Redding
Excellant choice Loz.

Any super group I had would have to have Weller in it, but him aside, that would pretty much be my line up.

 
My choice of supergroup:Matt Bellamy (Vocals/Guitar/Piano)

Chris Wolstenholme (Bass)

Dominic Howard (Drums)

Now if a band were created with those 3, what a group that would be..
Gem - is it possible to have a smilie with the members of Muse dropping their trousers whilst Mod crawls up behind them and offers them favours of a 'not before 11pm' nature
icon_wink.gif
Sorry Loz, don't think I'd waste my time, not a fan of Muse. At all. If it aint Zeppelin, Kinks or The Who, they aint worthy
icon_razz.gif
icon_wink.gif


Oh, and I'll add Cheap Trick to that list
icon_wink.gif


 
Following on from the talk about which bands you wish you'd seen live, I got to thinking about this, if you could create a supergroup who would you have in it? Here's mine:

Drums

John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

Bass

Chris Wolstenholme (Muse)

Guiter

Slash (Guns N Roses)

Vocals

Freddie Mercury (Queen)
I got to go have a long hard think about this one - it all depends on the music that this Supergroup is going to play. Already I have a mental list of four drummers, three bass players and oodles of lead guitarists. And don't even get me started on singers. And where are the keyboard players?

I'll get back to you but Bluebeard would probably recognise (and argue with) a Reggae Supergroup of

Sly Dunbar

Robbie Shakespeare

Wire Lindo

The Studio 1 House Horn Section

Gregory Isaacs

Kev

 
To be going on with have this

Booker T. Jones

Steve Cropper

Donald "Duck" Dunn

Al Jackson (or later Willie Hall)

kev

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top