World Cup Final BBC or ITV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrickblue

Members AF
Messages
13,325
Reaction score
5,268
Where are you going through watch it?

I'll be staying clear of ITV, Andy Townsend is doing co-commentary. He's banned in my house.

 
It depends who's going to be doing the BBC commentary. Some of their commentary pairings have been so bad that they almost had me pining for Clive and Andy.

 
I'd rather listen to a mix of babies screaming, nails scraping blackboards and fire alarms than listen to Tyldsley. 

Been fairly impressed with Danny Murphy on the BBC to be honest, minus the whole, "yeah, I had that injury, it'll be sore for a week or to" thing. 

Have a bad feeling it will be Pearce and Lawrenson though...

 
The only reason I like ITV is the anticipation of whether it's going to be the ident of Oscar, Luiz and Willian singing "Braaazil".  I know.  I'm sad.

 
Definitely BBC, not having that cock Townsend going on and on and on through the game.

 
BBC for me. If I have to listen to Andy Townsend droning on anymore I'll probably throw a brick at my television. Also can avoid listening to Adrian Chiles if I don't watch ITV.I suspect Mowbray and Lawrenson will be on the BBC.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch a game with only the sounds of the crowd and not having to listen to the commentators.

 
BBC definitely, i will be looking out for the viewing figures after the final, i guarantee BBC destroy ITV :biggrin:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I expect BBC.

The pundits who have impressed me have been Hoddle and I too like Danny Murphy. And as much as I hate to say it, Rio has been ok too. I want to dislike the bloke but he's come across pretty well. I can't stand Shearer though. He's just so boring and always states the bleedin' obvious.

 
dunno why they didn't just stick it on bbc and be done with it; better pundits, somewhat decent commentary, and no adverts.

 
Bbc with five live commentary via the red button
Can never do that. When I tried that a few years back the commentary was a second ahead of the TV picture so it made it pretty annoying - especially when a goal is scored!

 
The only reason I like ITV is the anticipation of whether it's going to be the ident of Oscar, Luiz and Willian singing "Braaazil".  I know.  I'm sad.
You've just reminded me why I should avoid watching it on ITV at all costs, the constant "Braaazil" drives me up the wall. I feel a bit sorry for Oscar, Luiz and Willian for being roped into doing that.

 
Can never do that. When I tried that a few years back the commentary was a second ahead of the TV picture so it made it pretty annoying - especially when a goal is scored!
If you use the red button the on-screen broadcast is delayed slightly (I think) so that it's in sync with the commentary. The downside is the picture quality is much lower than on the BBC1 HD channel.

 
Ok sounds like the red button has a few compromises. I'll just stick with regular BBC HD

 
I'm not even going to bother with watching the final, I'm to cool for that shizzle. 

 
Doesn't the BBC red button also have a "No Commentary" option with just the crowd noise?
It did for one game I watched, I looked for it the other day and couldn't find it, so it went back on mute. I hope this option is available, I would use it all the time without fail. If that option isn't available then it doesn't matter the channel as it'll be on mute anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top