Wrexham vs Chelsea (FAC) Saturday 7th March 17:45 GMT

You have much more faith in this ownership than I do.

No one wants Enzo Fernandez, and certainly not at the price that BlueCo will ask.

Jackson will demand a transfer to a CL-level club, none of whom will be willing to pay the price required to get him.

There is no buyer for Gittens.

After weeks of smokescreens, all three will be on cut-price loans to somewhere in Turkey or Serie A. We'll bear the cost.
You're seriously underestimating the absurdity of the modern transfer market

 
At home to Port Vale

Full FA Cup quarter-final drawpublished at 19:10 GMT19:10 GMT

  • Southampton v Arsenal
  • Chelsea v Port Vale
  • Manchester City v Liverpool
  • West Ham or Brentford v Leeds United

Matches will take place over the weekend of 4-5 April.

 
You're seriously underestimating the absurdity of the modern transfer market
Not at all. I'm factoring that in, that's how dire our circumstances are.

There are currently seven clubs in the world capable of transfer "absurdity": Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and Man City.

Every other club in the world must rely on a transfer boon before they can spend absurdly i.e sell to buy - either for financial reasons or FFP reasons (Newcastle, Barcelona, Aston Villa and us).

So which one of the seven will sign Enzo Fernandez and at the fee that the club will demand, given his book value is ~85m still? The two that could (Madrid and PSG) have better midfielders already. The clubs that actually have a need in his position (Atletico, Barcelona and Bayern) won't pay. And this dilemma is for a player we actually want to keep!

 
oh-dear-how-sad-never-mind.gif


News of VAR ruling out the Wrexham ‘equaliser’ has finally reached this man!😀

 
So many imbeciles saying Wrexham should have gone through and VAR not used, but totally ignoring the fact that Wrexham would have gone through on the back of 2 glaring mistakes by the ref, which obviously dont matter if its them winning and us losing, weirdly.

 
As I always say it’s a Chelsea thing.

The hatred is real.

VAR made the correct decisions but people are upset because it didn’t result in the outcome they wanted.

 
As I always say it’s a Chelsea thing.

The hatred is real.

VAR made the correct decisions but people are upset because it didn’t result in the outcome they wanted.
Although I agree there is a fair bit of anti-Chelsea bias out there, to be honest I think it would have been the same for majority of bigger PL clubs. Folk love the magic of the FA Cup and a bitt of an upset, and without VAR, that upset could well have happened. The calls were correct, but the offside goal in particular just felt wrong (although I'm of course glad it was given!).

 
Although I agree there is a fair bit of anti-Chelsea bias out there, to be honest I think it would have been the same for majority of bigger PL clubs. Folk love the magic of the FA Cup and a bitt of an upset, and without VAR, that upset could well have happened. The calls were correct, but the offside goal in particular just felt wrong (although I'm of course glad it was given!).
I get what you’re saying and you’re right about the romance of the cup and all that but the bias is definitely amplified whenever it’s Chelsea.

VAR did its job for once and yet people are still unhappy.

This is the one that has really jarred me though , Ben Foster saying the red card decision was correct but for the neutral they could have made it a yellow. That challenge has the potential to end a players career and I don’t agree with being lenient because the player was able to come out unscathed or because it was done by a lower league player.

They only stopped talking about Wrexham v Chelsea when Southampton and then Port Vale became the bigger stories.

 
Although I agree there is a fair bit of anti-Chelsea bias out there, to be honest I think it would have been the same for majority of bigger PL clubs. Folk love the magic of the FA Cup and a bitt of an upset, and without VAR, that upset could well have happened. The calls were correct, but the offside goal in particular just felt wrong (although I'm of course glad it was given!).
I do actually disagree with the the offside goal bit. I understand what you are saying and if he was tiny bit offside from 20 yards out and he goes on to score, then i agree that it would feel wrong. But if the guy is physically inside the six yard box and is offside to directly put the ball in, then isn't that part of the reason why it was brought in.

Much as i can't stand the orange tw@t, Simon Jordan on Talksport is right. All the Alan Shearer's and other pundits bleating about the unfairness of VAR are exactly the same people that formed the groundswell to have VAR implemented. They are the ones that made it happen, not joe public. Now they are moaning cos its not the VAR that they wanted it to be.

As somebody posted on here, how can Chelsea be anything other than the villains of the piece for doing nothing wrong.

  • If Wrexham are offside and VAR rules against them then its boo to the romance of the cup.
  • Offside and its allowed, haha, one up on the big boys Chelsea.
  • At the other end of the scale, Chelsea player is offside and VAR rules against him, good job justice is done.
  • Offside and its allowed, and cheating Chelsea scrape though robbing plucky Wrexham
Where is there, in any of this, correct decision was made, move on.

 
Back
Top