g3.7
deluded elitist
- Messages
- 5,780
- Reaction score
- 1,311
having tried (and spectacularly failed) to get you all to watch arrested development (your loss), I will do so again.
'the wire' is essential viewing for anyone and everyone, it should be shown in schools- jesus it's f*cking amazing, easily eclipses any television show (drama) that I've seen before.
it's just finished and is 5 seasons long, exploring first police and drug dealers, then the death of the american working class, the way political system, schools and the local media, with new elements added each season. it's just finished, and I IMPLORE you- don't deny yourself this.
it's set in contemporary baltimore, and though I'm no fan of 'cop/ detective shows' this is so much more. it's a difficult watch to start as there are loads of characters, but please, please, please find the time. it's as essential viewing as any film you could care to mention, and features superb turns from a couple of brits, notably idris elba as 'stringer' bell, right hand man to the drug lord who essentially runs the city.
read up about it, avoid spoilers, just f*cking watch it. I beg of you- it's written my a former policeman in baltimore and a former journalist, so it also happens to be perhaps the most realistic crime show this side of crimewatch.
p.s. some ofthe criminal tactics were actually copied by real life drug dealers, and the police complained to the producers that also their own methods were being exposed.
'the wire' is essential viewing for anyone and everyone, it should be shown in schools- jesus it's f*cking amazing, easily eclipses any television show (drama) that I've seen before.
it's just finished and is 5 seasons long, exploring first police and drug dealers, then the death of the american working class, the way political system, schools and the local media, with new elements added each season. it's just finished, and I IMPLORE you- don't deny yourself this.
it's set in contemporary baltimore, and though I'm no fan of 'cop/ detective shows' this is so much more. it's a difficult watch to start as there are loads of characters, but please, please, please find the time. it's as essential viewing as any film you could care to mention, and features superb turns from a couple of brits, notably idris elba as 'stringer' bell, right hand man to the drug lord who essentially runs the city.
read up about it, avoid spoilers, just f*cking watch it. I beg of you- it's written my a former policeman in baltimore and a former journalist, so it also happens to be perhaps the most realistic crime show this side of crimewatch.
p.s. some ofthe criminal tactics were actually copied by real life drug dealers, and the police complained to the producers that also their own methods were being exposed.