Your Favourite Song From The Top Selling Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't got time - at work, waiting for something to print so just had a glance at some answers here.

Moi - you don't know anything by the Carpenters!!! Really?  

And I saw your reply re the Doors - I'm going to a tribute festival this weekend and a tribute to the Doors are playing. I know it sounds naff but I have youtube'd them and they are fantastic!  Really looking forward to it!

Adam - Garth Brooks  :laugh2:

 
1. The Beatles - Not a fan ( I know, right?)

2. Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes

3. Michael Jackson - Bad

4. Madonna - Beautiful Stranger

5. Elton John - I'm Still Standing

6. Led Zeppelin - Not a fan

7. Pink Floyd - Not a fan

8. Mariah Carey - Not a fan

9. Celine Dion - Not a fan

10. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

11. AC/DC - Highway to Hell

12. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

13. The Rolling Stones - Not a fan

14. ABBA - Dancing Queen

15. Garth Brooks - Not a fan

16. Eagles - Not a fan

17. Rihanna - Cheers (Drink to That)

18. U2 - City of Binding Lights

19. Billy Joel - Not a fan

20. Aerosmith - Devil's Got a New Disguise

21. Frank Sinatra - Not a fan

22. Barbra Streisand - Not a fan

23. Genesis - Not a fan

24. Neil Diamond - Not a fan

25. Bruce Springsteen - Not a fan

26. Bee Gees - Staying Alive

27. Julio Iglesias - Not a fan

28. Dire Straits - Not a fan

29. Metallica - I Disappear

30. Taylor Swift Not a fan

31. Eminem - Lose Yourself

32. Britney Spears - Toxic

33. Rod Stewart - Not a fan

34. Bon Jovi - Wanted ( Dead or Alive )

35. Fleetwood Mac - Not a fan

36. George Strait - Not a fan

37. Backstreet Boys - Larger than Life

38. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

39. Prince - Not a fan

40. Kenny Rogers - Not a fan

41. Paul McCartney - Not a fan

42. Janet Jackson - Not a fan

43. Chicago - Not a fan

44. The Carpenters - Not a fan

45. Bob Dylan - Not a fan

46. George Michael - Freedom

47. Bryan Adams - Run to You

48. Def Leppard - Not a fan

49. Cher - Do You Believe

50. Lionel Richie - Not a fan

51. Olivia Newton-John - Not a fan

52. Stevie Wonder - Superstition

53. Linda Ronstadt - Not a fan

54. Tina Turner - Simply The Best

55. Donna Summer - Not a fan

56. The Beach Boys - I Get Around

57. Kiss - Crazy Nights

58. The Who - My Generation

59. Johnny Hallyday - Not a fan

60. Barry White - Not a fan

61. Katy Perry - Wide Awake

62. Santana - Not a fan

63. Gloria Estefan - Not a fan

64. Kanye West - Nope.Nope

65. R.E.M. - It's The End of the World as We Know It

66. B'z - Not a fan

67. Shania Twain - Man I Feel Like A Woman

68. Van Halen - Panama

69. Lady Gaga - You and I

70. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge

71. Foreigner - Not a fan

72. The Doors - Not a fan

73. Reba McEntire - Not a fan

74. Meat Loaf - Not a fan

75. Barry Manilow - Not a fan

76. Tom Petty - Not a fan

77. New Kids on the Block - Not a fan

78. The Black Eyed Peas - Not a fan

79. Jay-Z - Not a fan

80. Journey - Don't Stop Believing

81. Beyoncé - Not a fan

82. Kenny G - Not a fan

83. Enya - Not a fan

84. Alabama - Not a fan

85. Green Day - She

86. Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit

87. Tupac Shakur - Not a fan

88. Spice Girls - Wannabe

89. Andrea Bocelli - Not a fan

90. Bob Marley - Sun is Shining

91. Mötley Crüe - Not a fan

92. Depeche Mode - Not a fan

93. Aretha Franklin - R.E.S.P.E.C.T

94. Scorpions - Not a fan

 
I've removed ones I dislike or haven't heard enough of (to save me the embarrassment);

1. The Beatles - Taxman
2. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
3. Michael Jackson - Bad
5. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
7. Pink Floyd - Eclipse (but really the entirety of DSOTM)
11. AC/DC - TNT
12. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (difficult one, so many fantastic songs)
13. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (easily)
14. ABBA - Fernando (at risk of turning this into a Torres thread)
17. Rihanna - Princess of China (A Coldplay song but she features in it)
18. U2 - Vertigo (don't really like them though)
20. Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator
23. Genesis - In The Air Tonight (even though its really just Phil Collins)
25. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
26. Bee Gees - Stayin Alive
29. Metallica - Enter Sandman (not really a fan though)
31. Eminem - Lose Yourself
45. Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
46. George Michael - Faith
58. The Who - My Generation
64. Kanye West - Otis (or if we aren't including his collab album, Gold Digger)
65. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (not a fan in general though)
70. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
72. The Doors - Break On Through
74. Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
78. The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
79. Jay-Z - Dead Presidents II
81. Beyoncé - Crazy In Love
85. Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia
86. Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box (Never listen to it because its terribly depressing, I appreciate it greatly though, kinda like Radiohead)
87. Tupac Shakur - Holler If Ya Hear Me
90. Bob Marley - Buffalo Soldier
 

 
1. The Beatles - Hey Jude
2. Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
3. Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
4. Madonna - errrrrrr......
5. Elton John - Can You Feel The Love Tonight (nostalgia I assume)
6. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
7. Pink Floyd - Brick In The Wall 2 (to be honest, I don't know many)
8. Mariah Carey - Hero...I guess?
9. Celine Dion - No favourite...she's an excellent singer, just not someone I've formed an opinion on
10. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
11. AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
12. Queen - Somebody To Love
13. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
14. ABBA - Take a Chance on Me
15. Garth Brooks - I...I dunno
16. Eagles - Take It Easy 
17. Rihanna - We Found Love
18. U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
19. Billy Joel - Piano Man...
20. Aerosmith - Dream On
21. Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin
22. Barbra Streisand - Don't Rain on My Parade
23. Genesis - Dunno
24. Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
25. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
26. Bee Gees - Run to Me
27. Julio Iglesias - Ummmm
28. Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
29. Metallica - Enter Sandman
30. Taylor Swift - pass
31. Eminem - pass
32. Britney Spears - pass
33. Rod Stewart - Maggie May
34. Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
35. Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
36. George Strait - I don't know who he is, but I assume he's good
37. Backstreet Boys - pass
38. Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
39. Prince - When Doves Cry
40. Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
41. Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed
42. Janet Jackson - Umm
43. Chicago - Hard to Say I'm Sorry
44. The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
45. Bob Dylan - Knockin on Heaven's Door
46. George Michael - Faith
47. Bryan Adams - Heaven
48. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
49. Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
50. Lionel Richie - All Night Long
51. Olivia Newton-John - Don't know
52. Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke...he's the best
53. Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good
54. Tina Turner - River Deep, Mountain High 
55. Donna Summer - She Works Hard For the Money
56. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
57. Kiss - Beth
58. The Who - Baba O'Riley
59. Johnny Hallyday - Errrrrrr.........
60. Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby
61. Katy Perry - Firework
62. Santana - Smooth
63. Gloria Estefan - pass
64. Kanye West - pass
65. R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
66. B'z - ummmm...yeah
67. Shania Twain - You're Still the One
68. Van Halen - Jump
69. Lady Gaga - Born This Way
70. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
71. Foreigner - I Wanna Know What Love Is
72. The Doors - Light My Fire
73. Reba McEntire - I'm a Survivor
74. Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell
75. Barry Manilow - Mandy
76. Tom Petty - Free Fallin
77. New Kids on the Block - No idea
78. The Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love
79. Jay-Z - pass
80. Journey - Faithfully
81. Beyoncé - pass
82. Kenny G - pass
83. Enya - May it Be
84. Alabama - Nope
85. Green Day - Good Riddance
86. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
87. Tupac Shakur - pass
88. Spice Girls -  pass
89. Andrea Bocelli - Ave Maria
90. Bob Marley - I Shot the Sheriff
91. Mötley Crüe - Home Sweet Home
92. Depeche Mode - pass
93. Aretha Franklin - R.E.S.P.E.C.T
94. Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane

 
[SIZE=9pt]85. Green Day – who?[/SIZE]
Never heard of Green Day?!

 
Like others I've excluded artists who I don't like or whose songs I haven't heard. I've cheated with Tina Turner as I've chosen Proud Mary which she peformed with Ike. Lots of people that I like who aren't on the list but some of my tastes in music are quite obscure.

[SIZE=medium]1. The Beatles – I Saw Her Standing There
2. Elvis Presley – That’s Alright Mama
5. Elton John – Candle in the Wind (original)
6. Led Zeppelin – The Battle of Evermore
7. Pink Floyd – Shine on you Crazy Diamond
11. AC/DC – Whole Lotta Rosie
12. Queen – Killer Queen
13. The Rolling Stones – Paint it Black
14. ABBA – The Winner Takes it all
16. Eagles – Tequila Sunrise
21. Frank Sinatra – Strangers in the Night
25. Bruce Springsteen – Atlantic City
28. Dire Straits – Tunnel of Love
33. Rod Stewart - Maggie May
35. Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
38. Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
40. Kenny Rogers - Lucille
44. The Carpenters – Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft
45. Bob Dylan – Like a Rolling Stone
52. Stevie Wonder - Uptight
54. Tina Turner – Proud Mary.
56. The Beach Boys – Help me Rhonda
58. The Who -  I Can See For Miles
62. Santana – Samba Pa Ti
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]72. The Doors – Roadhouse Blues
76. Tom Petty – I Won’t Back Down
90. Bob Marley – Redemption Song
93. Aretha Franklin - R.E.S.P.E.C.T
[/SIZE]

 

 
Also Boyne, thanks for the recommendation, this is definitely not the most sane song I've ever heard:


 
I'll only do the ones that I like.

1)  Beatles:  Norwegian Wood (nice and short).

2)  Elvis Presley:  One of his ballads.

3)  Michael Jackson: Anything from the Off the Wall album.

4)  Madonna:  Lucky Star (I loved her first album, but after that I thought she did not do it for me).

5)  Elton John:  Christmas Song

6)  Led Zeppelin:  Heartbreaker

8) Mariah Carey:  Hero

11)  AC/DC:  Highway to Hell

13)  Rolling Stones:  Sympathy for the Devil (Just love the lyrics).

14)  Abba:  Fernando.

16)  Eagles:  Victim of Love (underrated, I think it is better than Hotel California).

17)  Rihanna:  Only Girl in the World (catchy song).

19)  Billy Joel:  the Stranger.

20) Aerosmith:  Something from 'Toys in the Attic'.

21)  Franke Sinatra:  New york, New york.

24)  Neil Diamond:  Cracklin Rosie.

25)  Springsteen:  Thunder Road (I think all of his stuff after that album are crap).

28)  Dire Straights:  Down to the Waterline

31)  Eminem:  Stan (with Dido signing in that song).

34)  Bon Jovi:  Wanted:  Dead or Alive

35)  Fleetwood Mac:  Rhiannon.

That's it, I ran out of steam.

 
Also Boyne, thanks for the recommendation, this is definitely not the most sane song I've ever heard:

Thanks PloKoon13.  Can't believe that it's 37 years since the Carpenters recorded the song.  Was a cover of a song written by a band called Klaatu. Klaatu recorded it in 1976. If my memory is correct there was a rumour going around at the time that Klaatu was the Beatles reformed.

 
Anything but definitive, and with more than a touch of the random, this is what I've come up with:

1. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood
2. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
3. Michael Jackson - I'll Be There
5. Elton John - Your Song
6. Led Zeppelin - Immagrant Song (predictable)
7. Pink Floyd - The Nile Song
13. The Rolling Stones - Moonlight Mile
16. Eagles - The Last Resort
18. U2 - I Will Follow
21. Frank Sinatra - Makin' Whoopee
22. Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
23. Genesis - The Knife
24. Neil Diamond - I'm a Believer
25. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
33. Rod Stewart - Italian Girls
35. Fleetwood Mac - Black Magic Woman
41. Paul McCartney - Let Me Roll It
43. Chicago - Movin' In
45. Bob Dylan - She Belongs To Me
46. George Michael - Faith
51. Olivia Newton-John - If Not For You
52. Stevie Wonder - Superwoman
53. Linda Ronstadt -  It Doesn't Matter Any More
54. Tina Turner - Every Day I Have To Cry
56. The Beach Boys - I Get Around
58. The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
62. Santana - Promise Of A Fisherman
72. The Doors - Roadhouse Blues
90. Bob Marley - Time Will Tell
91. Mötley Crüe - Girls Girls Girls
92. Depeche Mode - Not a fan
93. Aretha Franklin - Don't Play That Song

 
I just can't believe many have left Prince off, the amount of classics he's done!

 
85. Green Day – who?

Never heard of Green Day?!
Why the surprise ? I have never heard of them either..... Other than the diet I was following a few years back, you used to have green days

 
Why the surprise ? I have never heard of them either..... Other than the diet I was following a few years back, you used to have green days
I only know about Green Day because Mikstaw told me about them.

 
Since it was you asking Gem!

Not the best list due to US influence - a UK one would be mroe interesting.

[SIZE=9pt]1. The Beatles – While my guitar gently weeps
2. Elvis Presley – Marie’s the Name (His Latest Flame)
3. Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
4. Madonna - None
5. Elton John – Rocket Man
6. Led Zeppelin – Kashmir
7. Pink Floyd – Run Like Hell
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]8. Mariah Carey – None
9. Celine Dion – None
10. Whitney Houston – None
11. AC/DC – For Those About to Rock
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]12. Queen – Radio Ga Ga
13. The Rolling Stones – She’s a Rainbow
14. ABBA – Waterloo
15. Garth Brooks – None
16. Eagles – Take it Easy
17. Rihanna – None
18. U2 – Unforgettable Fire
19. Billy Joel – Moving Out
20. Aerosmith – Walk This Way (OK the version with Run DMC is far superior)
21. Frank Sinatra – Mack the Knife
22. Barbra Streisand – None
23. Genesis - None
24. Neil Diamond – Cracklin Rosie
25. Bruce Springsteen – Ghost of Tom Joad
26. Bee Gees – New York Mining Disaster
27. Julio Iglesias - None
28. Dire Straits – Telegraph Road
29. Metallica - None
30. Taylor Swift - None
31. Eminem - None
32. Britney Spears – None
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]33. Rod Stewart – None
34. Bon Jovi – None
35. Fleetwood Mac – The Chain
36. George Strait – None
37. Backstreet Boys - None
38. Guns N' Roses –  None
39. Prince – When Doves Cry
40. Kenny Rogers – Ruby, Don’t Take Your love to Town
41. Paul McCartney – Live & Let Die
42. Janet Jackson - None
43. Chicago - None
44. The Carpenters – None
45. Bob Dylan – Masters of War
46. George Michael - None
47. Bryan Adams – None
48. Def Leppard - None
49. Cher – None
50. Lionel Richie – None
51. Olivia Newton-John – None
52. Stevie Wonder – Golden Lady
53. Linda Ronstadt – None
54. Tina Turner - None
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]55. Donna Summer - None
56. The Beach Boys – Sloop John B
57. Kiss –None
58. The Who – Love Reign O’er Me
59. Johnny Hallyday – None
60. Barry White - None
61. Katy Perry – None
62. Santana – Smooth
63. Gloria Estefan – None
64. Kanye West – None
65. R.E.M. – Driver 8
66. B'z – None
67. Shania Twain - None
68. Van Halen - None
69. Lady Gaga – None
70. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californicaiton
71. Foreigner – None
72. The Doors – Peace Frog
73. Reba McEntire – None
74. Meat Loaf – None
75. Barry Manilow - None
76. Tom Petty – Yer so Bad
77. New Kids on the Block - None
78. The Black Eyed Peas – None
79. Jay-Z - None
80. Journey – None
81. Beyoncé - None
82. Kenny G – None
83. Enya – None
84. Alabama – None
85. Green Day – None (sorry Gem!)
86. Nirvana – Jesus Don’t Want me for a Sunbeam
87. Tupac Shakur –None
88. Spice Girls – None
89. Andrea Bocelli – None
90. Bob Marley – Tenchtown Rock
91. Mötley Crüe - None
92. Depeche Mode – Enjoy the Silence
93. Aretha Franklin – Think
94. Scorpions - None
[/SIZE]

 
Me and my piss-poor going on non-existent proof reading strike again. I meant to change Led Zep to Trampled Under Foot, if only because of the clip they set the song to on the Old Grey Whistle Test - not the one below from Youtube, but from an earlier series, set to a black & white cartoon.


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top