Sexyfootball
Legend
- Messages
- 15,475
- Reaction score
- 14,564
Quality of the people at Stockley Park looking at the videos seems to be the issue ... not the technology itself.So much discussion about VAR since the weekend. Always thought once it was brought in, that was that, it was here forever, but after latest major f**k-ups, and so many anti-VAR views, I wonder what the chances are of it being binned?
If there was a vote, I would imagine the majority of clubs, (coaches and players) and even more so Supporters would vote for it to be axed. Surely if there was a proper, organised campaign, the FA would have to listen. Got a West Ham mate who is loving the Championship with no VAR. I used to get the argument that VAR is not the problem, it's the people running it. But after the weekend, enough is enough - surely it has to go?
As it seems to be beyond the officials to see properly or understand the rules of the game, I think they should keep the technology and bin the people. Instead, have the screens pitch side so that the match referee can review as necessary, following challenges from the captain or manager (like they do in tennis).