A Topic About Refs, VAR and PGMOL.

Listening to those clowns deliberating, it was just so amateurish. Every fan watching at the time, KNEW it was offside and the goal shouldn't have stood. It wasn't even close. Howard Webb, waffling on, trying to sick up for his colleagues - it's bo**ocks. It was such a bad, basic error. Never mind "we need better people tto operate the technology", the mistakes just keep on happenong and are getting worse. Just bin VAR NOW so we can all enjoy our football again.
I've got a better idea, phase out the PGMOL and start again with something new and better. Getting rid of VAR won't solve anything, the complaints will be as loud as ever because it's the same people in charge. Nobody liked Howard Webb as a ref, yet he is now the one in charge. We'll never see change if the same people are the ones in charge. I'm sick of refs getting celebrity status too. I don't even want to know their names, I just want them to do their job properly.

VAR in every international tournament I have watched has been consistent and accurate (for the most part) Even in the Champions League I don't have an issue with how they use it. It's always in the Premier League where it's most controversial, and it's because of the people running it. These same morons that have lacked common sense since the day I started watching football are turning something that should be easy to use into something complicated.

 
I think they messed up big time in the Manchester derby — it happens.

I still think VAR remains a bit of a lie though; we were told it would only be used for clear and obvious errors, and that's simply not what happens.
For me, the absolute worst is the major rewinding of plays to find a questionable foul and then take a goal back, like they did so many times at the WC.

Perhaps they could use a challenge system like the NFL. At the very least, it would limit the number of interruptions.

 
I think they messed up big time in the Manchester derby — it happens.

I still think VAR remains a bit of a lie though; we were told it would only be used for clear and obvious errors, and that's simply not what happens.
For me, the absolute worst is the major rewinding of plays to find a questionable foul and then take a goal back, like they did so many times at the WC.

Perhaps they could use a challenge system like the NFL. At the very least, it would limit the number of interruptions.
I don't understand why the implementation of it is so difficult. Unless it's a clear and obvious mistake, go with the on field decision. If you need to slow it down and take a look at it from multiple angles, then it's not clear and obvious. A bit of common sense is all that is needed. The offside goal for City is nothing but incompetence though. VAR being in the game isn't at fault for that, it's the officials that are the problem. It's the most basic of basic decisions. Is Enzo Fernandez interfering with play? Of course, so it's offside.

 
I don't understand why the implementation of it is so difficult. Unless it's a clear and obvious mistake, go with the on field decision. If you need to slow it down and take a look at it from multiple angles, then it's not clear and obvious. A bit of common sense is all that is needed. The offside goal for City is nothing but incompetence though. VAR being in the game isn't at fault for that, it's the officials that are the problem. It's the most basic of basic decisions. Is Enzo Fernandez interfering with play? Of course, so it's offside.
I find it hard to be too upset about the offside given what I said about the red card before, but it was a clear error for sure.

It's indeed mind-boggling given what the FA says versus how VAR actually operates. They have likely been unable to train VAR and referees to operate the way they say they want it to work.

 
The officials see what they want to see, not what VAR shows them.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
So the KMI review of the last round has decided that Gabriel booting a keeper in the face and not getting any card at all was the correct decision, what an absolute f**king joke.

"The panel unanimously supported the referee's call of no red card. Multiple players were on the ground competing and challenging for the loose ball, and the action of Gabriel was not deemed to be an act of violent conduct or serious foul play."

 
So the KMI review of the last round has decided that Gabriel booting a keeper in the face and not getting any card at all was the correct decision, what an absolute f**king joke.

"The panel unanimously supported the referee's call of no red card. Multiple players were on the ground competing and challenging for the loose ball, and the action of Gabriel was not deemed to be an act of violent conduct or serious foul play."
It's well-known law of football that if there are a lot of players close by you can boot an opponent in the head and not be penalised.

 
Back
Top