ads

Kev56

First Team Regular
Messages
4,104
Reaction score
2,600
Are the ads. on this site going to get any f**king more intrusive, i donate to this site and will pay more but I've nearly had enough of the f**king adverts. Pain in the f**king arse.

 
  • Like
Reactions: TJB
I've found some a pain too.

One brings up a video on my post and have just worked out I can use tab to move down a few lines and then type and backspace on the lines.

It doesn't happen every time yet enough to be a pain.

Cleared internet cache/ cookies though still there.

 
I think you mentioned this before Amp @Amputechture and was recently talking to another member about it.

Its definitely on the list but the add-on does cost quite a bit so will get onto it once there is enough in the kitty.

 
200.gif


 
It’s the next level cult Val, as Munkworth was the 1st honourary member, he can request a secret sock forum, I’m afraid that is the best I can do.

Even me and @coco can’t join cause at the moment, it’ll muck our forum permissions up and we can’t moderate (imagine that)

In truth, it’s been requested a few times so it’s been added.

 
Damn it, now I have to wake up my PayPal account, IF I can find my details. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It’s only if you hate the ads Val. I’d totally do away with them but I can’t afford the hosting and everything else out of my own pocket. It’s got bloody expensive here as the site grew.

I better tag @Kev56 before he comes back and bursts another blood vessel.

 
Damn it, now I have to wake up my PayPal account, IF I can find my details. 
You can pay as a guest Val. Was very easy.

Thanks for this @Mod Stark I've found the ads a pain in recent times but know that it costs quite a bit to host. This is a great option that I'm happy to pay for.

 
Nice one spiller, yea subscriptions is something we’ve always been quite against early on. It’s only recently where it’s actually been requested and trying to fund the site, it seemed the time to do.

You mean guest as in using card on PayPal not actually checking out as guest of the forum. I don’t think it’s possible anyway as need to be logged in on forum account.

Can use most credit/debit cards and it just uses PayPal as the processor.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one spiller, yea subscriptions is something we’ve always been quite against early on. It’s only recently where it’s actually been requested and trying to fund the site, it seemed the time to do.

You mean guest as in using card on PayPal not actually checking out as guest of the forum. I don’t think it’s possible anyway as need to be logged in on forum account.

Can use most credit/debit cards and it just uses PayPal as the processor.
Yeah that's right. As a guest on PayPal using the CC. Worked very easily. 

I can understand why a subscription model wasn't always preferred. Not wanting to creating barriers to entry etc. But the forum must have at least two or three times the number of active posters as when I joined. I imagine it's a big beast to manage and fund. Giving people the option between the ads and the annual subscription I think is the best of both worlds. So well done again. 

 
I'm trying to think who else asked for this, I think one was @just

 
Back
Top