Ads

Any chance we can get a few more f**king ads on this site? f**king joke. 
I’m looking for a bit of extra work if you need anything doing in the garden?

You can sign up for the ad-free subscription here. £34 for the year. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance we can get a few more f**king ads on this site? f**king joke. 
Kev i know its a pain in the arse, but its the only way to raise the money for hosting costs, you can bypass the ads like @Munkworth and @Amputechture have said and done, notice it says AF under their avatar, that means they paid to go ad free, even i as moderator have to put up with ads on my phone and desktop as i cant block pop ups becasue i will also block PM's. just go Ad Free mate, it works out to 9p per day.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kev i know its a pain in the arse, but its the only way to raise the money for hosting costs, you can bypass the ads like @Munkworth and @Amputechture have said and done, notice it says AF under their avatar, that means they paid to go ad free, even i as moderator have to put up with ads on my phone and desktop as i cant block pop ups becasue i will also block PM's. just go Ad Free mate, it works out to 9p per day.
Do it @Kev56, it's such a joy being ad free!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do it @Kev56, it's such a joy being ad free!
200.gif


 
If I go ad free will it stop the site basically stopping any device I have 

this site spikes my laptop to 100% for memory and disk 

 
If I go ad free will it stop the site basically stopping any device I have 

this site spikes my laptop to 100% for memory and disk 
It's attached to your account so the ad's will stop on any device you have signed in on. I doubt it's the website spiking memory at 100%, it will be your browser doing that.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
Yea I’m not sure Ads will spike it to 100%, that sounds much more sinister unrelated to here, and worth running some protection on your computer.

Ad-free will though speed the site no end as it doesn’t have to even look to load ads.  Even quicker than a blocker.

 
Is it recommended to use desktop over mobile? Mobile is almost entirely impossible to use due to some of the ads loading, then reloading or something - I’m not sure, By then page jumps around continuously and I’ve lost my spot. Not the end of the world just frustrating and I just get off the site. 
 

as I mentioned I’m on mobile 97% now and it’s almost unbearable. I used to have an app that had this forum on it but it doesn’t work anymore. But ultimately, I’m barely active on here anymore bc I just don’t have the access to desktop anymore like I used to. 

 
  • Nice One
Reactions: Mod
I'll look into that jumping thing chief. That app I think was Tapatalk but was just another expense when things were tighter. On ad-free, you don't get a single ad load or any blank spaces where they should be!

 
Thanks for the reply, Mod! I will definitely look into the ad-free version for sure. Keep up the good work! It is appreciated even if I complain a good amount 😂

 
  • Nice One
Reactions: Mod
Just cannot use the site on any mobile device now it’s just impossible 

 
Interestingly the forum doesn't let me browse anymore when my adblocker (uBlock Origin) is disabled. It shows me the "please disable adblocker" pop-up. I need to enable the adblocker instead in order to browse the site. It didn't use to be like that and I always disable adblocker on sites I wish to support. I also disabled tracker blocking in Edge browser, but that didn't help. Any idea what's going on?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly the forum doesn't let me browse anymore when my adblocker (uBlock Origin) is disabled. It shows me the "please disable adblocker" pop-up. I need to enable the adblocker instead in order to browse the site. It didn't use to be like that and I always disable adblocker on sites I wish to support. I also disabled tracker blocking in Edge browser, but that didn't help. Any idea what's going on?
It actually says: go add-free, you miser 😜

 
hmm, that's weird @manpe Only saw that once when it was down to Norton, have you got that installed?

Either way, from the 23rd of this month, it should be working better.

 
Back
Top