Aleksander Isak

Isaak was the best striker in the Premier league last 2 seasons, one of the best in Europe. How on earth you can be "not convinced " by him is beyond me.
I'm fairly sure it's all just face-saving. They jumped on the "Nico is great" bandwagon and then doubled down when the more reasonable among us kept calling out the donkey. Even now, despite prolonged evidence, there's still a cohort determined to push this nonsense that Jackson isn't far off Isak.

The reality is, anyone who's watched Jackson without blue-tinted glasses can see he's dire. Isak is a far, far more refined and skilled footballer. Even setting goals aside, Isak is comfortably the better player.

 
If Liverpool do get Isak I can see them becoming a mid to late naughties Real Madrid. All shiny toys but no steel. I don’t know how they plan on lining up but frimpong has been a right midfielder for Bayer and I don’t have confidence in his defensive abilities, kerkez looked good but the same questions defensively have to be asked. Then the midfield of wirtz macalister gravenberch seems attack heavy. On paper Liverpool getting these players seems scary but in reality it doesn’t appear at all balanced.

 
I was certainly grateful to him for the two big misses against us at home last season that enabled us to hang on for the win !
I am not saying he doesn't have some skills and abilities.

My honest opinion is that he is above average.

 
  • Haha
Reactions: dkw
If Liverpool do get Isak I can see them becoming a mid to late naughties Real Madrid. All shiny toys but no steel. I don’t know how they plan on lining up but frimpong has been a right midfielder for Bayer and I don’t have confidence in his defensive abilities, kerkez looked good but the same questions defensively have to be asked. Then the midfield of wirtz macalister gravenberch seems attack heavy. On paper Liverpool getting these players seems scary but in reality it doesn’t appear at all balanced.
Totally agree. They will probably add Isak, too, which will take their summer spending in the region of 450M. They will score a lot, but as you said, it still seems an unbalanced squad and they are gambling a lot (even playing with fire) on keeping their starters fit for the entire season, because Diaz will leave for Bayern, Nunez will have to be sold, too, to balance the books a little bit and this will mean their depth will take a big hit.

If Isak joins, Ekitike will probably play on the left. This leaves Gakpo the only quality player on the bench to cover for all the three attacking places.

In midfield they will only have Szoboszlai, Elliott, Jones and Endo on the bench.

Defence is even worst in terms of depth as they will only have Joe Gomez to cover for both center backs, plus the right back. And Robertson and Tsimikas on the left. But Robertson might be leaving, too.

I know it is a quality team, but as I said, they are gambling on keeping their starters fit for the whole season, which is a long one. Two injuries in some important moments of the season and they have no real game changers on the bench to replace the likes of Salah, Isak, VVD/Konate or Wirtz/Mac Allister.

 
His numbers are only matched by Haaland (and Salah, who's not a striker), but playing for a somewhat weaker team. It's like being "not convinced" that water is wet.
Not trying to be a dick but I was having this conversation with a friend…..is water wet??

He argued Isn’t water just water and whatever it touches becomes wet? It was a bit of a head f**k!

 
Not trying to be a dick but I was having this conversation with a friend…..is water wet??

He argued Isn’t water just water and whatever it touches becomes wet? It was a bit of a head f**k!
Water isn't wet. If you dip your hand in water, your hand is wet not the water. It's like saying fire is burned

Anyway, don't know about others but I absolutely still stand by my comments that at the start of the season Nicolas Jackson was a better player than Isak. I prefer to make opinions based on evidence rather than stubborn feelings. Jackson has obviously hit his ceiling and Isak has proved to be much better, but many of the same issues - drifts in and out of games, dribbles like Bambi on ice, first touch of an elephant with his back to goal - still remain concerns about Isak. That said, he'll score a mountain of goals at Liverpool if he plays a similar role to Mane and feeds at the back post.

 
Water isn't wet. If you dip your hand in water, your hand is wet not the water. It's like saying fire is burned

Anyway, don't know about others but I absolutely still stand by my comments that at the start of the season Nicolas Jackson was a better player than Isak. I prefer to make opinions based on evidence rather than stubborn feelings. Jackson has obviously hit his ceiling and Isak has proved to be much better, but many of the same issues - drifts in and out of games, dribbles like Bambi on ice, first touch of an elephant with his back to goal - still remain concerns about Isak. That said, he'll score a mountain of goals at Liverpool if he plays a similar role to Mane and feeds at the back post.
exactly on the water front, as far as Isak and Jackson goes. Isak is fire….jackson is just wet.

Such a lack of quality no 9’s about, the money being talked about for Isak is crazy and we should get a tidy sum for Jackson.

This is why Delaps release clause looks a no brainer.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jackson is just as good and probably better in the long run. . . .Well, can we get back to this in 5 years time? The long run.

I am very happy for Chelsea to move Jackson along. I am still not that convinced by Isak.
Are you expecting Isak to be run over by a bus in the next 6 months or taken out by the Gordie mafia?

 
Liverpool’s initial bid of £120m rejected. Deal still expected to happen.

Liverpool fans awful quiet now on our spending…

 
Liverpool’s initial bid of £120m rejected. Deal still expected to happen.

Liverpool fans awful quiet now on our spending…
Yes, Liverpool and its £120m plus add ons. Chelsea and its Mudryk at £88m inclusive of add ons. Hmm

 
Yes, Liverpool and its £120m plus add ons. Chelsea and its Mudryk at £88m inclusive of add ons. Hmm
Always this. Every transfer. Same with Caicedo and Wirtz fee comparisons. BBC is the worst for it!

@Sconnie Blue they’ve done ever so well with that Coutinho sale!!! I’ve heard those funds will last through 2030

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top