Best start to a film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Clockwork Orange, the opening is fittingly sinister.

Alien (original), when I first saw this it scared the sh*t out of me from the beginning.  The opening sequence really set the tense atmosphere continued throughout the movie.  I wish they still made horror (or scifi) movies with such elegance, in stead of relying on wowing us with special effects.

 
The Dark Knight bank robbery scene



Beautifully shot on IMAX cameras and a wonderful introduction to the madness that is Heath Ledgers The Joker. 

 
saving private ryan
Good choice. I must have seen that start over twenty times and it remains dramatic, shocking. The frames where you get a German machine-gunner's view as he fires his MG42 into the open ramp of the landing craft is appalling but feels real. The film peaked there for me - the remainder wasn't bad but it couldn't live up to that start.

 
For pure sensory overload, the opening credits for Enter The Void can't be beaten.


 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love it when Waltz pulls out his pipe which is ridiculously larger than the dairy farmers. 

tumblr_lr25fp99Nb1qig3dlo1_r2_500.gif
My 1st thought when I saw this thread was Inglorious Basterds. Waltz's performance is one of the best I've seen in any film, gripping and hilarious at the same time. 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top