Billy Gilmour

He looks great technically but it’s also good to see him doing the ugly stuff as well and winning tackles and headers. I don’t care about his lack of size, physically he looks comparable to Dennis Wise and he wasn’t afraid to get stuck in.

 
He looks great technically but it’s also good to see him doing the ugly stuff as well and winning tackles and headers. I don’t care about his lack of size, physically he looks comparable to Dennis Wise and he wasn’t afraid to get stuck in.
People complained that Pulisic was too small and Pulisic is bigger than him, wonder why they complained about Pulisic [emoji848][emoji848] I think this kid needs to bulk up because as someone said above once they figure out his game if will become alot more difficult similar to when teams started man marking Jorginho....
 
Seems to be everything we thought we were getting with Jorginho, can control the game just as well but actually gets stuck in with the nitty gritty and can burst forward with the ball.

 
More pace and physical presence than Jorginho?
Jeez I thought this all game. He actually got stuck into the tackles as well.

People complained that Pulisic was too small and Pulisic is bigger than him, wonder why they complained about Pulisic
emoji848.png
emoji848.png
I think this kid needs to bulk up because as someone said above once they figure out his game if will become alot more difficult similar to when teams started man marking Jorginho....
He'll need to improve. The video analysis is so good these days that teams will catch on. That said he does all the basics well. No doubt he can. He is only small but if he keeps biting in like he did yesterday he'll be okay in the PL.

Pace probably, but he got bullied against United aswell. He gives me Josh McEachran vibes but hopefully they're the good kind, he's still only 18, plenty of time to grow and adapt. He didn't seem one bit phased with Fabinho though, he really surprised me. 
He does have the Josh vibes. So we shouldn't be getting carried away but if he keeps working hard (unlike Josh) he's got all the right stuff.

 
You don't see players of that type too often... As Frank said, a real throwback. Can play a pass and mix it up when required. The best player in the middle by a country mile. 

Loved the way he flew into tackles, something we've sorely missed in midfield this season. 

Hoping he now gets a little run in the team given our injury/suspension issues.

Thank you Rangers and well done Chelsea.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You don't see players of that type too often... As Frank said, a real throwback. Can play a pass and mix it up when required. The best player in the middle by a country mile. 

Loved the way he flew into tackles, something we've sorely missed in midfield this season. 

Hoping he now gets a little run in the team given our injury/suspension issues.

Thank you Rangers and well done Chelsea.
I hope you mean just the last game, otherwise, this is the type of hype we need to start avoiding, no need to put ridiculous expectations on an 18 year old. I remember when Jack Wilshere was having an amazing game against prime Barcelona at his age and look at him now. 

 
People complained that Pulisic was too small and Pulisic is bigger than him, wonder why they complained about Pulisic
emoji848.png
emoji848.png
I think this kid needs to bulk up because as someone said above once they figure out his game if will become alot more difficult similar to when teams started man marking Jorginho....
I have never complained about Pulisic's size. Wingers tend to be the smallest players on the pitch anyway. Speed, agility, and technical ability are more important. And in CM we have players like Wise (and mroe recently Kante) who show that lack of size is no barrier as long as they have the right mentality.

I look at Barkley and I see a player with a lot of bulk, he clearly spends a lot of time in the gym, but I wonder if it's a hindrence to him sometimes. He has a lot of skill and technical ability but occasionally he can look a bit slow and clumsy, like a man in a Mech-suit he hasn't quite got the hang of yet.

 
I have never complained about Pulisic's size. Wingers tend to be the smallest players on the pitch anyway. Speed, agility, and technical ability are more important. And in CM we have players like Wise (and mroe recently Kante) who show that lack of size is no barrier as long as they have the right mentality.

I look at Barkley and I see a player with a lot of bulk, he clearly spends a lot of time in the gym, but I wonder if it's a hindrence to him sometimes. He has a lot of skill and technical ability but occasionally he can look a bit slow and clumsy, like a man in a Mech-suit he hasn't quite got the hang of yet.
Yup. Wingers sometimes need strength because they are running and beating people. Hazard had strength which is what people pointed out with Pulisic. 

Size isn't a barrier to midfielder of you are good on the ball and have quick feet. A good midfielder doesn't need to be stronger than anyone else, just smarter. 

 
The most impressive thing about Billy last night was how he gained the trust of the players as the game wore on, for the first few minutes you could see the defense struggling to play out, panicking and losing the ball. Billy dropped in and helped in playing the ball out and you could see Zouma and Rudiger trusting him in challenging scenarios and the lad did not disappoint, initially I think they were hesitant in giving him the ball with Liverpool pressing high.

 
It's a bit obvious that Billy will be our best midfielder next season, the maturity level in his decision making is so on point. 

He's our version of Scholes in the making right now.

 
Back
Top