No I agree, injuries were definitely a factor, but I also think the expectations were too much for him, he had plenty of time to recover and regain his form. Instead he was pissing about in night clubs to 4 am and being a tit. At 18 years old he was bossing the Barcelona midfield playing against Iniesta-Xavi-Busquets. He was out for a year with an injury, but when he came back he was still the same player and he was playing well, but he didn't develop into the player he was supposed to be and he had plenty of time to do that, he only had that injury when he was 19, plenty of time to discover your potential.
But this is a common theme, Billy looks quality, but saying he's our version of Paul Scholes in the making after one bloody game is ridiculous I'm sorry. Josh McEachran at 17 was outstanding, he dominated at Marseille away at that age and had many impressive performances that season, now he's 26 and playing in the Championship, back then I also said Josh McEachran is capable of being one of the greatest English midfielders in the world. I learned a big lesson from that.