Brian M's Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogic

In the Ressies
Messages
496
Reaction score
0
Just do it.

Added by Loz

See here for info and the glorious avatar in question
icon_wink.gif


http://www.csrforums2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=276&highlight=http://www.csrforums2.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

 
I see Brian's voted!

Brian - you are not allowed to remove the avatar whilst the vote is ongoing - that would be tantamount to match fixing and would mean the entire CSR would be relegated.

 
Just so everyone is clear

This is the avatar Brian has been awarded

Vote 'YES' if you think he shoud keep it (not that I am trying to influence matters)
icon_wink.gif


415042m.jpg


 
This could get worse than the Italian match fixing saga..............

I luv this site
icon_lol.gif


 
No. I would rather see the gay pirate back. BrianM is the gay pirate.

 
Loz give Bri back his avatar. I know you listen to me!! and Catherine of course.

The winking gay pirate or nothing.

 
Poor Brian, oppressed by the powers-that-be for standing up for truth on behalf of us all!
icon_lol.gif
I?m sure this is Loz?s way of telling us you don?t stand up to the boss. Okay, we?ve heard you, Big Boy; but please give Brian back his tiny little avatar. Surely, it costs you nothing! :evil: :evil:
icon_mad.gif
icon_wink.gif


 
Poor Brian, oppressed by the powers-that-be for standing up for truth on behalf of us all!
Perils of living in a fascist state, Kenn!

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me The Gay Pirate...no more!

vendetta.jpg


 
Poor Brian, oppressed by the powers-that-be for standing up for truth on behalf of us all!
Perils of living in a fascist state, Kenn!

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me The Gay Pirate.

vendetta.jpg
Oh my God! See what you?ve caused, Loz? Are you happy now?

Kenn (in an aside): And he used to be such a gentle fellow? :cry:

 
There. So now I've found a new avatar I'm happy with.

vforvendettaguyfawkes.jpg


The verdict is Vengence!

 
veni vedi vici or something along those lines - my latin isn't good.

 
Perils of living in a fascist state, Kenn!This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-?-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me The Gay Pirate.
My head hurts....

 
I thought I'd never have to hear or read that most terribly over-alliterative introduction in the hystery of cinema. awful.

 
I thought I'd never have to hear or read that most terribly over-alliterative introduction in the hystery of cinema. awful.
Then you sir, have questionable taste in movies. V for Vendetta was (on the page) the Wachowski Brothers back to their Matrix (1) best!

Plus, James McTeigue's direction (who is currently attached to Logan's Run - notwithstanding the Bryan Singer rumours of course) was bl**dy terrific.

 
read again. that introduction was awful. doesn't mean the film followed suit, and there was no mention of direction.

 
read again. that introduction was awful. doesn't mean the film followed suit, and there was no mention of direction.
I try not to read your posts more than once, G4. As edifying as that experience would no doubt be, I fear life is too short for such indulgences.

But *insert heavy sigh here* as we are once again in 'discussion'. Let me try to educate you on why the monologue in question was terrific.

Firstly, understand that a scene in a screenplay only ever exists for one of two reasons.

a) to reveal character

:) to propel the narrative

(The really good scenes do both)

The 'book-end' monologue you're having trouble with existed within the structure of the screenplay to not only acquaint us with the voice of the protagonist (doubly important as he hides behind a mask for the entire film) but to reveal the essence of his character. Because with that deliberately verbose monologue we instantly - and I do mean instantly - knew what sort of man we were dealing with (a man of learning, a man of words, a man questing after justice in an unjust world).

And, while there are a million and one ways this could have been done, I can think of no better way than via the monologue written by the Wachowski brothers. Writers who are - if I may make so bold a claim - even more talented than our New Zealand cousin, Brian N...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top