
That's the perfect KO time for a summer evening game isn't it . Time for a beer afterwards ( and before) !View attachment 38756
Arsenal in August 1949. A 6.15pm kick off on a Wednesday .
A packed Bridge terracing looks on. 63,196 officially saw it
This was in the days before floodlight games. I wonder if many midweek games were played back then. In the winter I suppose games would kick off in the early afternoon?View attachment 38756
Arsenal in August 1949. A 6.15pm kick off on a Wednesday .
A packed Bridge terracing looks on. 63,196 officially saw it
We played QPR in a FA Cup 3rd Round Replay on Tuesday 15th January 1974.This was in the days before floodlight games. I wonder if many midweek games were played back then. In the winter I suppose games would kick off in the early afternoon?
During the 3 day week and power cuts back in the 1970s miner strike I know a few midweek games were played in the afternoon, but can't remember that we had any.
Cheers Ersk.! Appreciated mateWe played QPR in a FA Cup 3rd Round Replay on Tuesday 15th January 1974.
A 1.30 pm kick off. 28,573 saw it. The previous and following Saturdays we kicked off at 2pm.
This was during the 3 Day Week.
Just looked it up the great bounder.friardale site.