Conte's rant...is he angling for a Chelsea return?

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,693
Reaction score
20,269
No rumour to this other than my own speculation.

Many are saying Conte is fed up at Spurs and wants some time off to find a new club before preseason. I am left wondering though. 

When he was sacked by us he never had any bad words to say about us, just Roman and the board. To attack the club he is employed by in such a way makes me think it is a potential stepping stone to return to his unfinished business with us, and we sure are loving what he said about Spurs.

He is also the only manager on the planet who can make Lukaku look more than a useless lump, which may appeal to our owners.

Don't think our owners would consider such a firey character like Conte, but that does not mean he won't try, especially seeing the money spent, and players like Enzo, Mudryk, Fofana and James in our squad.

So is Conte trying to win his way back in to Chelsea's good graces? Or does he just want an early vacation? Thoughts guys and gals.

 
No he's just doing what he always does. One of the players he had in his team today was according to him his dream signing when at Chelsea, the guy is a walking contradiction.

Maybe the question to ask is why does this keep happening to Conte, again and again and again?

 
I wouldn't be surprised if his agent tries to push for the move. Personally, I loved Conte and all he did for the club but I would prefer we don't move backwards should Potter get fired. I also don't think his identity matches what we have at the club so we would end up having to spend another 600mil. 

 
I wouldn't be surprised if his agent tries to push for the move. Personally, I loved Conte and all he did for the club but I would prefer we don't move backwards should Potter get fired. I also don't think his identity matches what we have at the club so we would end up having to spend another 600mil. 
In theory he would get a free crack at the CL if he replaced Potter during the international break.

Hero if he wins it, Not enough time/Potters fault if he did not.

Plus a season with no European football to follow. He did pretty well for us in that scenario before.

Not saying I think it will happen, just a lot of pluses from contes point of view.

 
In theory he would get a free crack at the CL if he replaced Potter during the international break.

Hero if he wins it, Not enough time/Potters fault if he did not.

Plus a season with no European football to follow. He did pretty well for us in that scenario before.

Not saying I think it will happen, just a lot of pluses from contes point of view.
Conte is comically awful in the CL. 

He's not managed a win in the CL knock outs for over 10 years. 

I don't think even his ego imagines he'd win the CL with us. 

 
I think the only move he is angling for is an early return home to Italy.

Probably fancies a few months off with nice weather, nice scenery, good food and good wine before taking over at one of the big Italian clubs 🙂 

 
I don't think he's angling a move to us, thought he'd be sick of London by now. However, he's one of the few managers out there guarantee success if you back him. It may not last more than a couple of seasons because of his demand, but he's the guy if you don't want wait forever for the process to tick over. His CL record sucked, but some elite managers got ordinary records winning the league, so it goes both ways.

 
He can angle all he wants but the ending will always be the same. A good first season then once the performances dry up he turns on the board, the players and none of it is his fault.

 
Unapologetic winner. Hates it when the top brass at a club doesn't want to match his ambitions but if they do you are golden with Antonio.

Goes without saying that I would have him back in a heartbeat.

 
Unapologetic winner. Hates it when the top brass at a club doesn't want to match his ambitions but if they do you are golden with Antonio.

Goes without saying that I would have him back in a heartbeat.
Hell No! Way overrated. 

I think the only move he is angling for is an early return home to Italy.

Probably fancies a few months off with nice weather, nice scenery, good food and good wine before taking over at one of the big Italian clubs 🙂 
Not sure any big Italian teams will touch him after the carnage he left at Inter & Juve. Everywhere he goes he signs loads of players, only uses 13 regularly and then throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get more players.

Personally don’t rate him and his awful style of football. Can you be a world class manager if you are awful in Europe?

 
Not sure any big Italian teams will touch him after the carnage he left at Inter & Juve. Everywhere he goes he signs loads of players, only uses 13 regularly and then throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get more players.

Personally don’t rate him and his awful style of football. Can you be a world class manager if you are awful in Europe?
He's probably still got most of his termination money from Roman sloshing around in his bank account, so at the very least he'll have a well-funded retirement !

 
Like one of his predecessors at both Chelsea and Tottenham, he seems to have a personality disorder. It means he can’t be a long-term option imo. If I’m wrong about that, there’s also this: even if he only half means it when he says he wants to be in Italy, it’s an instant dealbreaker. At this level, nothing less than 100% commitment to the place will do.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Unapologetic winner. Hates it when the top brass at a club doesn't want to match his ambitions but if they do you are golden with Antonio.

Goes without saying that I would have him back in a heartbeat.
Inter overhauled their entire squad for his needs and it still wasn't enough to stop his whining.

And he certainly isn't a winner in the UCL, Potter has won as many knockout games and until this year Lampard got through the group as many times.

 
Conte was brilliant that first season with us, but after managing Tottenham (alike Jose) he now feels like well worn goods!

He is definitely not a yes man like dear Graham, but far too much of a ‘no man’ too!

 
"I see only 11 players that play for themselves. The club has the responsibility for the transfer market, the coach has the responsibility… but the players, where are the players?!"

I see selfish players, players that don't want to help each other and don't put their heart into this”

“There’s no fire, no desire. You need to have this in every moment. When you are NOT a team, you can’t improve”.

z3zrULC.gif


 
Back
Top