Cult TV series.

I can assure you there is just as much sex and nudity in the books!  Not enough male nudity however!  (says the very much post adolescent female)
Ah well... my point still stands, it's just the blame lies with the author (and he does look like a bit of an old perv to me) rather than the TV people.

By the way, did I mention how I enjoyed Rectify recently? It's a really good show but I don't think many people are watching it.

 
Ah well... my point still stands, it's just the blame lies with the author (and he does look like a bit of an old perv to me) rather than the TV people.

By the way, did I mention how I enjoyed Rectify recently? It's a really good show but I don't think many people are watching it.

Ah yes, I have often suspected that old George stops writing every now and then to have a ...k!

I have never heard of Rectify - where can I find it?

 
Ah yes, I have often suspected that old George stops writing every now and then to have a ...k!

I have never heard of Rectify - where can I find it?
I don't think it's available outside North America legally, which is daft. I downloaded it off of one of those torrent things.

 
Rectify sounds like it could be decent. 

I think im one of those who wont watch GoT because of how popular it actually is...that and once i tried watching it for 5 minutes and i saw some little dragons so i flipped the channel...i hate fantasy crap..lol

 
The origional ...LOST IN SPACE SERIES.......................................OH THE PAIN THE PAIN!!!!!!...........Remember sometime in the early 70s (must have been coz i remember wearing rolled up RUPERT trousers) being on waterloo stn either going or coming back from a match and meeting a fellow from america. We got into talking LOST IN SPACE (dont know why) and he said he knew of the fellow who played DR ZACHARY SMITH in the series....Said he was one of the most flamboyant gays in Hollywood.................OH i said

 
Sergeant Bilko was hilarious! I also like Frasier - mostly because of Niles.
There's an episode where Frasier and Niles end up drinking a glass of wine from a bottle the dads new and loud girlfriend has brought round. Their snobby reaction was the best.Love Red Dwarf, series 2 - 5 only though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
For me being a teenager at that time, for me miami vice was and still is the coolest show ever made. Fantastic 80's soundtrack and don johnson was cool as sonny Crockett. Back then I had the hairstyle but I doubt the pastel coloured suits and t shirts with slip on shoes minus the socks would have been a hit!! I havve the boxset and watch it a bit...

 
Adam Adamant

The Time Tunnel

Land of the Giants

Lost in Space

The Tomorrow People

 
Can i recommend 15 Storeys High written and starring Chelsea fan Sean Locke. It was put on at ridiculous times and never got

the audience it deserved. All two series are on You Tube or it's about a fiver to buy online. Favourite episode is series 1 episode 5 with the late great Felix Dexter. But if your sort of comedy is The Vicar of Dibley or Keeping Up Appearances this won't be for you.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
I've the DVD of that, its a bloody brilliant show, such a shame its so underrated. Loved the blue rat episode, and the one where Errol has to fight the ladies of.

 
I loved 15 Stories high, it's been a few years since I watched it but the episode where Vince has drunkenly wrecked the graveyard by dragging a stolen plough home from the pub comes to mind.

 
DKW, Bluedave, Do you wanna wipe your hands on my coat?. Yes puffin chunks washed down with a tin of Blue Rat.

 
Anyone see Orange is the New Black? I need a TV show to watch...

 
I have just recently finished watching the first 2 seasons.  I think it starts off well and grabs your interest but I found myself just watching it for the sake of it when ending season 2.

It's an easy watch and has a lot of adult humor. 

Couple shows I recommend if you havent seen them.

Fringe

Suits

True Detective

Luther

I'd say defiantly give orange is the new black a go though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see the series "Ben Hall" in the mid 70's? It was a non-fictional drama about the Wild Colonial Boys in New South Wales during the mid nineteenth century. Never saw it myself, but I'm currently reading a book on the subject and find it fascinating, a bit like an Aussie version of the Wild West. Been looking on the net to see if it's been released on DVD or even VHS, but no joy.

 
Did anyone see the series "Ben Hall" in the mid 70's? It was a non-fictional drama about the Wild Colonial Boys in New South Wales during the mid nineteenth century. Never saw it myself, but I'm currently reading a book on the subject and find it fascinating, a bit like an Aussie version of the Wild West. Been looking on the net to see if it's been released on DVD or even VHS, but no joy.
I've never heard of Ben Hall but it sounds interesting. There was a film a few years ago called The Proposition with a similar setting that I thought was very good. It's supposed to be based on true events as well but I've no idea how accurate it is.
 
Couple shows I recommend if you havent seen them.

Fringe

Suits

True Detective

Luther

I'd say defiantly give orange is the new black a go though.
I didn't like Suits which surprised me as I love legal shows. Cool, I shall give it a shot, I've liked Laura Prepon since That 70's Show so I have high hopes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up The Corner for £3 in my local CEX. It's said to be the forerunner of The Wire has anyone seen it?.

 
I just picked up The Corner for £3 in my local CEX. It's said to be the forerunner of The Wire has anyone seen it?.
It's not bad, but comparing to The Wire it has more of a touch of a documentary so the story is obviously not that deep and grasping.

The real precursor of The Wire (and The Corner too) was Homicide, another cop show playing in Baltimore. I loved that almost as much as The Wire, it's definitely worth checking out.

 
Back
Top