Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!

I’m happy we got rid of Ziyech and Koulibaly. Not sure how I feel about Mendy, I think there’s still that Mendy somewhere in him. Ah well we’ll never know now.

Now can we replace Kepa too please?

 
Expected to get more for both Ziyech and Koulibaly tbh. Ziyech is good to get off the books but Koulibaly could have been useful. But I guess we are really, really leaning into building a team with purely youngsters. Fair enough that but could go either way.

 
Expected to get more for both Ziyech and Koulibaly tbh. Ziyech is good to get off the books but Koulibaly could have been useful. But I guess we are really, really leaning into building a team with purely youngsters. Fair enough that but could go either way.
Problem is that we’re overloaded in defence. Especially left footers. 

 
Well that one is pretty much done then! Was good for just over a year, wish him the best.


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good is underselling him, he was genuinely world class in the calendar year 2021.
Mmm…. Not convinced by the world class

He had a fairy tale season, go of the champions league campaign etc.

But played in a defence first team and well protected. He did well in the system , which is all we could ask for, but big picture - I am not sure he was ever world class.

 
Mmm…. Not convinced by the world class

He had a fairy tale season, go of the champions league campaign etc.

But played in a defence first team and well protected. He did well in the system , which is all we could ask for, but big picture - I am not sure he was ever world class.
I don't agree that team was defense first, I remember Carragher did some analysis on us away at the Ethiad and we were playing ridiculously high with us always a sloppy pass away from facing a pretty open counter attack.

Furthermore, we did lose the solid defense at the beginning of the following season but because of him we were still keeping clean sheets.

 
@Mod

200.gif


 
Is it official? Just cause his mum landed in Saudi carrying a wash bag doesn’t mean it’s done!

 
Ends with 49 clean sheets in 105 appearances (and 30 in the first 54, which only Petr Cech has done in less games)

Good luck in the rest of your career Edou !

 
Good luck Edou, thanks for all the clean sheets and for entertaining us during dull matches with your tiny ears!

 
Back
Top