Fallout 4

Settlers come, but you have to build things like places to sleep, crafting stations, shops, etc.. and assign people to them. Honestly, after the first few hours of building a settlement, it gets boring.
Thanks. 

I'm only growing a settlement to get the platinum trophy.
I swear you must have Bernard's watch in your possession. So much time on your hands! 

 
Level 49 now, just found the Institute which has opened up new brotherhood of steel quests to do.

Going to see if it opens new minutemen and railroad quests too as well as doing quests for the institute too.

Basically still lots to do.

Got Sanctuary up to 21 residents and a happiness of 80% not sure what more I can do as the food, water, beds and defences are all above the number of residents and I have built all the trade points too.

 
Im level 19, did some brother hood of steel stuff but only just after the Find Kellog mission (ill say no more)

SO yeah, still alot to do.

 
Ok, I've ordered Fallout 4. Never played one of these games, any tips for someone new to the series?

Thanks

 
Can't seem to find any adhesive in the bit where my old house was.

Wood a plenty though!

Did you guys build anything in that bit at the start or just move on?

 
Can't seem to find any adhesive in the bit where my old house was.

Wood a plenty though!

Did you guys build anything in that bit at the start or just move on?
Whenever a trader is selling duct tape or glue - buy it, it contains adhesive. 

I moved on first then came back after a while to build stuff. I can't say building a settlement has really thrilled me so far though - I've only really done it for a couple of side-quests.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I never buy supplies. Just horde junk when clearing out building and get your companion to lug it for you.

Make frequent trips back to your settlement to put them into your workbench.

Duct tape and wonderglue are good for adhesive but things like desk fans and telephones are good for screws, copper and gears.

Things like raider armour can be broken down on a workbench for leather.

Items such as screwdrivers are a common source of plastic which is good for power armour upgrades and repairs.

 
f**k sake. Can never find .44 ammo.

Desperate for some for my 110 atk power pistol.

 
You can make adhesive using mutfruit, tato and corn I think. Got a big farm of them at sanctuary

 
I hardly used any ammo in the 2nd half of the game, just melee'd everything to death. Melee killed Swan easily, and all the Legendary enemies

 
Still early days in my F4 experience...I'm level 13 I think now. I've basically done no missions, just wandered around on my own looking for new things. Sometimes it's felt like a bit of a problem...like I was unprepared for some of my enemies...but it's fun.

The creepiest place I've been so far was the Boston's Mayoral Shelter. Was not expecting the Synths...or the deathclaw. That deathclaw killed me in my crappy armour 5 times before I got my tactic to kill it right.

My first encounter with super mutants wasn't great...I was exploring the place near the sinkhole...I think Malden or something (but it doesn't actually come up as a city, just a handful or notable buildings). The mutants weren't actually hard...a number of bullets from a powerful pistol was enough...I just wasn't expecting the suicider...running at me with a mini nuke.

But categorically, the most frustrating thing I am regularly facing near water are the Mierlurks,..hate them.

What's the tip to using the plasma weapon you get early (in Concord) effectively? I find that having to reload after every blast means the whole thing takes too long, and I just end up getting bum rushed.

Also, I think I somehow managed to turn a sniper rifle, into a sniper pistol with mods...and I'm not quite sure how it ended up that way.

 
Ok, level 25. Just got the chip from the synth head (no spoilers here so I dont want any)

Gonna find the railroad, do more sidequests.... games getting kinda boring so I think that I will just finish the story and trade it in once I finish railroad, story and BoS

 
Still early days in my F4 experience...I'm level 13 I think now. I've basically done no missions, just wandered around on my own looking for new things. Sometimes it's felt like a bit of a problem...like I was unprepared for some of my enemies...but it's fun.

The creepiest place I've been so far was the Boston's Mayoral Shelter. Was not expecting the Synths...or the deathclaw. That deathclaw killed me in my crappy armour 5 times before I got my tactic to kill it right.

My first encounter with super mutants wasn't great...I was exploring the place near the sinkhole...I think Malden or something (but it doesn't actually come up as a city, just a handful or notable buildings). The mutants weren't actually hard...a number of bullets from a powerful pistol was enough...I just wasn't expecting the suicider...running at me with a mini nuke.

But categorically, the most frustrating thing I am regularly facing near water are the Mierlurks,..hate them.

What's the tip to using the plasma weapon you get early (in Concord) effectively? I find that having to reload after every blast means the whole thing takes too long, and I just end up getting bum rushed.

Also, I think I somehow managed to turn a sniper rifle, into a sniper pistol with mods...and I'm not quite sure how it ended up that way.
I think there's a way to get your laser rifle to be semi-automatic with 20+ rounds per clip. I know mine is, and I'm pretty sure I upgraded it to be that way. It's not as powerful I think but it's much more effective. Check out the mods.

 
Yeah, maybe that's the way...I have tended to stay clear of auto weapons so far....but maybe I'm missing a trick.

Have you tried the institute pistols you get from synths? They use the same cells

 
Yeah, maybe that's the way...I have tended to stay clear of auto weapons so far....but maybe I'm missing a trick.

Have you tried the institute pistols you get from synths? They use the same cells
I use a rifle given to me after the first Brotherhood of Steel quest... I forget its name. After the quest there was a dialogue and he ended up giving it to me.

 
Back
Top